PDA

View Full Version : Older SIG bolt rifle with interchange barrels, trigger adjustment?

john hayslip
04-28-2014, 09:49 PM
I recently picked up an older SIG bolt gun which friend of mine told me was only made for about 2-3 years. It is the one with 2 setscrews under the front of the receiver so you can interchange barrels. For the record it is in 280 Remington.
The trigger is in my opinion atrocious and I'd like to adjust it. It was used when I bought it and of course didn't come with instructions. Had a Swarovski scope on it and the price was such I couldn't pass it up.

Trigger has three set screws, two facing muzzle and one facing the rear (which I'm guessing is probably sear engagement).

Trigger has long heavy gritty pull. Find it hard to believe the Swiss would put out something so bad.

I'm sorta guessing the top screw (closest to barrel) facing muzzle is the one for weight adjustment but if some one knows for sure I'd appreciate some help or a reference on the trigger. I spent a short period on Google and couldn't find anything.

Thanks in advance.

John