PDA

View Full Version : browning sa22

carbine86
04-28-2014, 09:36 AM
His weekend I picked up a barn fresh belgium browning sa22 in working condition for $30. I need torefinish the barrel as there is a bit of surface rust. Buy my real question is how shoukd I repair a chip in the stock that touches the action. I would love to get a new stock but I dont see the wife allowing me to spend $177.00 on a stock for a 22. Any suggestions. I will post a few pictures a little later today.

country gent
04-28-2014, 09:57 AM
How big of a chip? Where is it located at on the action stock? There are several ways fixing this that will barely show if done carefully

carbine86
04-28-2014, 11:36 AM
here are some pictures of the condition
the bore is bright and shiny with strong rifling and the action is smooth the rifle is complete and in shootable condition just needs to have the stock fixed and the action and the barrel stripped and coated which I have already started to do.

pietro
04-28-2014, 03:59 PM

If the chipped-out/missing piece is available, it can be glued back in place with a good waterproof wood glue; if the chip's gone walkabout, the gouge can be made squarer, to accept a piece of light-colored walnut (the stock's European walnut), whittled to size, likewise glued in, then shaped/finished the outside after the adhesive's cured.

BTW - The stock was most likely chipped out because someone grasped the stock when twist-removing the barrel/forend, ILO grasping the receiver. :groner:

DLCTEX
04-28-2014, 06:44 PM
I'll give you double your money.:mrgreen: