PDA

View Full Version : Lyman delivers excellent customer service

osteodoc08
04-27-2014, 04:03 PM
Had a 410459 mold that would not mate up well for me. Sent it to Lyman. Alignment pins fixed and mold cleaned to the point it looks brand new. They included 6 fine looking cast samples. Hope to get mine looking as good as they have. Can't wait to get her heated up and dropping purty boolits.

Thank you Lyman. Faster than Hornady returning my out of spec 45acp sizing die. But in their defense it should be here Monday.

Changeling
04-28-2014, 03:36 PM
Thanks for the Joke, best one I've heard in a long time.

Smoke4320
04-28-2014, 04:54 PM
if not a joke I am holding out hope they have seen the light and want to start making customers happy again.. My last exchange was about 6 months ago and I vowed to never darken their doors again unless they were the last source for what I needed

TXGunNut
04-28-2014, 09:58 PM
I know I'm in the minority here but my experience with Lyman products so far has been good. Haven't needed customer service yet but I only have five sets of their dies and a 4500 and a handful of small tools.

LAH
04-28-2014, 10:03 PM
I'm in the minority also but never had a problem with their customer service which I've used several times.

GaryN
04-28-2014, 10:52 PM
I like their older molds but wouldn't consider a newer one. They have a ways to go to get their reputation back.

osteodoc08
04-29-2014, 12:16 PM
This was an older mold. They fixed it no questions asked and sent some boolit test examples along with it. You can tell where they trued up the faces, cleaned and/or polished the insides and reset the pins. No it's not a joke. I'm sorry all you other guys had such bad luck with them. Maybe teyve realized that in this industry, bad CS will sink you FAST.