PDA

View Full Version : Felix

MBTcustom
04-24-2014, 12:03 AM
Felix

There was a man who once here posted, Never fought and never boasted.
To many here he gave a hand, a gentle word, a solid stand.
He was here at the very beginning, got us shooting, got us winning.
Never a word, hard or uncaring, ever came from his office sharing.
A better friend has no one here, and as a mentor, he had no peer.
Even as sickness found his door and walked upon his daily floor,
He never complained nor breathed a word, that he was nearly with the Lord.
He just kept smiling, helping and striving, to help us be better at living.
Now he’s left and in God’s choir, He’ll sing His praises and never tire.
No more sorrow no more tears, no more regret of wasted years.
No more people to tell, how to cast boolits and shoot them well.
Now he’s gone and we’re alone, the cat is still and silent as stone.
Where is the cat running through my thread? I wished so often his post to read.
Here is my quarry, what is the solution? If Felix posted, there was no dilution.
A perfect resolve to the question at hand, but not too obvious and never bland.
What will it be like, now that he’s gone? Now that his presence has flown like a swan?
The torch has been passed but’s to heavy to lift. For none can be found here so blessed with that gift.
Join me now friends, let us do good to our brothers, to honor Felix, by blessing others.

Felix enjoyed his life, his family, and his friends.
Seems that no matter how many irons he had in the fire, there was enough of him to go around, right until the very end.
He left a legacy here that will never be forgotten. Someday, people will wonder why castboolits.com is just different than it used to be. Years from now, people will dig through the archives and read how we responded to each other, and wonder why the forum seems…….sadder. Because Felix was here. His manner affected the people here and brought a calm when he was around. He didn't have to tell you how to cast, or how to shoot, or how to read the data (in fact, he rarely did). The fact that he was watching made you think to do it by yourself and for yourself. His presence made you the best you could be, and that was all that mattered to him.

So rare it is to find a man like Felix. You could tell him what you were thinking about and experimenting with, and he would laugh right along with you even though he knew better the whole time. In the whole conversation, he would casually mention just one thing that he “heard” someone tried once, and you wouldn't think twice about it when he said it, but that one comment would stick in your head and change the whole way you looked at shooting. What a gift he had. What a gift we had.

He left me a charge the last time I spoke to him. He said “never stop shining Tim” I would pass that charge to you my friends. Never stop shining.

Felix, go with God. We will never forget you, and we will always try to do good to our neighbors.
Let it be said unto you: ”Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.”

Surely if there was ever a booliteer that would sit at the right hand of God, Felix would be that man.
May God bless him.

Love Life
04-24-2014, 12:08 AM
Rest in peace, Felix. Rest in peace.

scarry scarney
04-24-2014, 12:13 AM
A moment of silence for our Friend..........

bangerjim
04-24-2014, 12:38 AM
Our thoughts and deepest sympathies are with his family.

RIP Felix.

Magana559
04-24-2014, 12:42 AM
We defiantly lost a great member, Good bye good Sir you will be more than missed.

HollandNut
04-24-2014, 12:44 AM
I was wondering about this ..

Rest In Peace my friend

jack

357maximum
04-24-2014, 12:45 AM
Do not let your head hang low, if FELIX THE CAT was here, he would not want that.

R.I.P MY FRIEND

Recluse
04-24-2014, 01:00 AM
I'll miss Felix. I'll miss our conversations and his fine tutelage. I learned a lot from him, but not just about boolits and reloading and guns.

Felix and Junior and Bret. . . Like others here, I go back well over a decade before this forum was around and I remember those three as the first to message me and help me figure things out with the molten galena. Totally unselfish men, proud veterans, loyal to their families, friends and nation. Junior and Bret are still around somewhere--I hope some of us here can find a way to contact them and let them know that Felix is casting and shooting in a new locale now.

And I reckon Felix is pretty happy right now not having any zinc in his smelt and no more pain in his body.

:coffee:

Char-Gar
04-24-2014, 05:41 AM
Thank you for being his friend and keeping us informed.

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
04-24-2014, 07:54 AM
I'll miss Felix and his posts. I'm glad he's not suffering any more and find great comfort knowing his with God now.

See you again some day my friend.

Artful
04-24-2014, 09:06 AM
R.I.P. Felix, you'll be missed, but you left a lot of wisdom for us.

Pb2au
04-24-2014, 09:11 AM
Thanks for keeping us informed Tim.
So long Felix, good luck on your new journey. We are greatly diminished in your passing from this mortal coil.

DougGuy
04-24-2014, 09:13 AM
Very fitting....

Stonecrusher
04-24-2014, 11:34 AM
Rest in peace Felix. Your presence will be missed. See you soon.

Great poem Goodsteel, Felix would be honored.

William

Sagebrush7
04-24-2014, 03:21 PM
Some 15 years or so on another forum Felix was kind enough to post a variety of suggestions to a problem I was having reloading or casting, don't really remember. It was a dumb thing I was doing. He did't make light of my actions but sent me in the right direction. A true Gentleman and we will all miss him! James Sage

Bo1
04-24-2014, 03:37 PM
I rejoice for Felix, for he is no longer in pain, and is with our GOD. However he will be missed greatly.
I pray for his family that he has left behind, that GOD will ease their pain.
Bo

woody1
04-24-2014, 03:42 PM
My world was a better place because Felix was here. RIP Felix. Regards, Woody

autofix4u
04-24-2014, 03:44 PM
I thank Felix for the wisdom he shared for all to see, and for the wisdom to make us all find in our self. Thank the good Lord above your suffering is over, you will be missed by all who knew you and many other who you left your insight to on the pages here.

Teddy (punchie)
04-24-2014, 03:45 PM
Thanks Tim , God Bless!! Felix , May the Comforter help Us All !!

osteodoc08
04-24-2014, 03:54 PM
Excellent read GoodSteel. Your gift of penmanship and prose will always remind us of who he was, what he left and his everlasting legacy. No dry eye here my friend.

God Speed Felix until the day I can join all my brethren at Heavens Range.

OBXPilgrim
04-24-2014, 06:11 PM
Oh, I am so sorry to hear this news. During one of the worst times of my life, I was at home recovering from neck surgery in 2006 and remember reading over and over many of the posts by so many of the true educators on this site. Felix was one that I knew I didn't have to worry about his advice. There were some long, slow, days that passed so much easier during that time because of the fine folks here & Felix was at the top.

He will not be forgotten.

Hickok
04-24-2014, 06:36 PM
Absent from the body, present with the Lord! God's blessing on Felix!

willie_pete
04-24-2014, 06:57 PM
I will go out on a limb here and make a suggestion. What do people think of the idea of re-naming on of the forums in Felix's honor. I certainly learned a lot from him and I am sure other people did also. I think it would be a fitting tribute. What say you? If this is not the time / place to raise this issue, please forgive me.

WP

monadnock#5
04-24-2014, 07:21 PM
It's never easy to be the messenger. You've handled yourself with grace and aplomb, and made Felix proud. Thank you Tim.

My condolences to his Kin.

smokeywolf
04-24-2014, 07:22 PM
Perhaps if I stop and think of Felix before I begin typing, I can be less crotchety, critical and condescending.
An appropriate tribute to someone who not only taught casting, lube chemistry and ballistics, but also patience, kindness and generosity.

smokeywolf

slim1836
04-24-2014, 08:00 PM
I too will miss his posts, however, as we all will be someday, he is in a better place. Rest in peace.

Slim

TES
04-24-2014, 08:06 PM
somebody create a Felix smiley. I would add it to any post helping someone.

trapper9260
04-24-2014, 08:08 PM
May we all meet ,RIP Felix

Red River Rick
04-24-2014, 08:09 PM
Farewell Felix.........you will live on forever in our hearts and minds!

Rick

Iowa Fox
04-24-2014, 08:10 PM
The thread I did not want to see. RIP Felix, you will not be forgotten.

plus1hdcp
04-24-2014, 08:20 PM
I had only a couple of interactions with Felix and he was a true gentleman and pointed me in the right direction every time. We are fortunate he was not selfish with his knowledge and shared freely with us. I only wish I had the opportunity to meet Felix in person.

Very well written Goodsteel.

MT Gianni
04-24-2014, 08:23 PM
Rest in Peace Felix and may all whom you touched continue to remember and glow.

doctorggg
04-24-2014, 09:06 PM
Great poem Tim. Felix should be smiling from Heaven. A couple of years ago Felix helped this newbie with crisp sharp answers to my questions via PM's. I will miss him and his posts. May God be with his family during their time of need. Be Blessed my Brother in Christ I will see you in Heaven someday.

lylejb
04-24-2014, 10:26 PM
Very sorry to hear this.

Felix was a wonder, both with his knowledge and his ability to help others.

A great loss.

ammohead
04-24-2014, 10:40 PM
I submit that the Golden Boolit Award be renamed the Felix Robbins Memorial Golden Boolit Award.

tomme boy
04-24-2014, 10:53 PM
Rest in peace Felix

bnelson06
04-24-2014, 11:05 PM
Rest in peace Felix. He would be proud of that poem Tim.

Sweetpea
04-24-2014, 11:23 PM
Rest well, Felix...

Tim, thank you for all you have done, and keeping us updated.

Brandon

waksupi
04-24-2014, 11:30 PM
I have no words.

psychicrhino
04-24-2014, 11:56 PM
God speed.

w5pv
04-25-2014, 07:18 AM
Rip Felix,thanks for everything you have done.

w30wcf
04-25-2014, 09:54 AM
Goodsteel,
Thank you for your eulogy for Felix. Well written and from the heart.

Prayers said for Felix and for the peace that passes all human understanding for his family and friends.

"I WILL RISE" that we sang at EASTER is very uplifting.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHVyqdQFN0U

w30wcf

RugerFan
04-25-2014, 10:12 PM
Thanks for posting Tim. Felix will be sorely missed.

Bullfrog
04-26-2014, 06:04 AM
Very nice tribute.I must admit that with all the members on here that it is hard to keep track, but there are a few that stand out. Godspeed Felix.

jmsj
04-26-2014, 10:31 AM
I very much appreciate all that Felix taught me publicly on this site and privately through PM's. He was always a fine example of what it is to be an intelligent, caring gentleman.
To his family, please take solace in knowing that Jesus has now healed him perfectly and that he now resides with Him. I am praying for grace and mercy for your sorrow.
God Bless, jmsj

10-x
04-26-2014, 08:55 PM
RIP Felix, an Icon here, and for those that knew you personally. Tim, you're a poet,very touching tribute to a great Man.

41mag
04-28-2014, 05:44 AM
At a time in my life when all is a blurr of emotions, I send out prayers once again to our Father on high. Maybe it is a sign from those recently passed that I get right with out Lord, or simply that the Lord needs a few great folks at his side.

Prayers up high for Felix, his family, and to all of his friends to hold fast during this time of need.

MBTcustom
04-28-2014, 07:12 AM
I attended the visitation yesterday, and read my poem to Felixs family (as best I could). It was a very good service and there were lots of people. I got to enjoy time with Nickolas, Tommy, Trey (my long lost twin?) And other fellers. I wish I could be there for the funeral today, but this was all that could be done.
I passed your condolances to Mrs. Robins and the family as best I could.
Take care fellers.

303Guy
04-29-2014, 02:27 AM
Thank you goodsteel. Rest in Peace, Felix. I shed a tear for you. Thank you for all you have done.

Ajax
04-30-2014, 05:38 AM
Felix my friend you will be missed but never forgotten, enjoy the rest you truly deserve. We have this till our time to join you.

Andy

badgeredd
05-02-2014, 08:55 AM
I'll miss Felix's sage advice as I do some others that have proceeded him to heaven's range since I joined this forum.

Edd

AggieEE
05-07-2014, 02:15 PM
Goodsteel, you did a fine job with a sad task. I never met Felix or coresponded with him. I just knew him from his posts yet I feel like I lost a friend.

DeanWinchester
05-07-2014, 02:31 PM
He replied to several of my posts but I never really knew the man, I feel like I missed out on knowing a great fella.....I feel cheated.
Maybe I'll get lucky and meet him on the other side.

Rest in Peace.

Outch
05-07-2014, 10:19 PM
RIP Felix Prayer sent

Lefty SRH
05-07-2014, 10:36 PM
Rest In Peace Felix....

Estalio
05-15-2014, 11:02 PM
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?241905-The-Life-Of-The-Goolden-Boolit-and-master-of-Lube-Felix

BrassMagnet
05-19-2014, 01:35 PM
I will abide by Felix's final request.

Shuz
05-20-2014, 09:48 AM
Tim--Thanks for letting us know of our dear friend's passing into the arms of Jesus.

DRNurse1
05-26-2014, 02:43 AM
I have been away from this forum for a bit. If you can imagine a place that has little or no internet access in the world today, I was there. I am catching up on threads this weekend and remembering those who have helped sustain this Republic. I came across this thread and the link to Estalio's biography of Felix. What an incredible treasure and, gratefully, some of that wisdom remains in this forum, both in those who benefited fro Felix's instruction, and by the public threads he published here.

Another part of my life describes a man's life not by his wealth or achievements, but by the positive influence on those left behind. Reading these posts indicates Felix is indeed a great man based on the number of folks on whom he has had a positive influence.

RIP, Felix and may His Grace and Peace strengthen those who remain behind.

izzyjoe
06-11-2014, 01:07 PM
I'm sorry to hear of his passing, he will be missed! Rest in Peace Felix!

GoodAlloy
06-11-2014, 02:44 PM
Well I'm not sure if they use cast or use Boolits in heaven. But i have got the sneaky suspesion that if they don't, they just may now start.

GoodAlloy
06-11-2014, 02:50 PM
Good job goodsteel!
I have often thought if there is any boolit casting that goes on in heaven? Well I am not sure if there ever was or not but I do have a sneaky suspicision that they just might now start.
I am thankful to the Lord for blessing us with him for a season & hope I get to meet him some day.

Down South
06-15-2014, 09:03 PM
I sure hated to hear of this, RIP Fellix

Marine Sgt 2111
06-17-2014, 03:18 AM
Christ said he would go and make a place for each of us. Heaven for me will be a nicely kept rifle range, slight breezes, sunny days, accurate rifles and fine ammo. Felix, though I have never met you or conversaed with you, my dear shooting brother, I pray for just such a place for you. God be with you in all things, comfort your family and wait down by the rivers edge to help those among us who aren't so steady to cross and join you. R.I.P.

LostCajun
06-26-2014, 05:04 PM
I logged in to the boards today, first time since July of 2008. Don't know why, just checking up on the place I guess.
I started idly clicking on boards and threads, looking for familiar names, and then went looking for Felix. I was saddened when I found this thread, but knowing he had been having health problems, even back when I was active on this board (and Shooters.com), realized that the loss of his passing may be tempered by the relief that he was released from the pain of being mortal. Maybe. Or something like that....
It's been quite a while since I first came to look up to Felix. The knowledge and wisdom that he imparted to us on these boards, Cast Boolits and Shooters.com, was impressive, and if I could learn half of what he tried to teach, I'd be satisfied. I still have a couple of blocks of genuine, first-run Felix Lube hanging around somewhere, just waiting to be kissed by fire. I will remember him with each round so blessed to be embraced by his elixir.
Rest in Peace, Felix
Thank you for being a beacon to the Cast Boolits crowd

Slow Elk 45/70
06-26-2014, 08:25 PM
R.I.P. Felix......Semper FI.....Jim