PDA

View Full Version : Star Lube Sizer and Lee bottom Pour Pot-Just Want to Say Thanks

floydboy
04-23-2014, 01:29 PM
I have been reloading for over 35 years. Been casting with a lee 10# pot and lyman dipper for over 10 years. Been sizing with a lyman 450 for the same 10 years. Granted my needs aren't near as much as most of you but I do enjoy the hobby and have found it truly fulfilling for most of my life. I've always been frugal with my hobbies and tried to make them pay for themselves as much as possible. The Point of all this is early this month I finally indulged myself and bought a lee 20# bottom pour and a used star lube sizer. Last weekend I finally cast and sized some boolits with my new toys. Some of you may understand my experience. To finally have a tool that is absolutely designed to do the job at hand is always a joy. These two items have taken my casting experience to a new level of satisfaction. I don't value the time savings near as much as the quality of the boolits I'm making without the hassle I had before. I like time at the bench as much as time spent shooting but I don't like wasting time or time spent struggling doing either. The whole point is to have fun. These tools have greatly increased my fun factor in my hobby. I don't think I would have spent the money on these items without the help and advice found in this forum. I'm not saying there was anything wrong with the way I was doing it but that I like this way better.

Just wanted to say thanks.....Floyd

David2011
04-29-2014, 10:12 PM
Agreed, Floyd. Using fine tools has a reward of its own. Enjoy!

David

Beagle333
04-29-2014, 10:21 PM
I do understand the experience. I could prolly cast hard for about 2 months straight, then lube for about 2 days with my Star; then sell the pot, the Star and the PID, and have boolits for the rest of my shooting days. But I ain't gonna! :mrgreen:

blikseme300
04-30-2014, 02:23 PM
The time freed up once I switched to a PID controlled large casting setup and using a Star to lube size allowed me to tinker more with improving the accuracy of loads and basic gun smithing. Free time is a limited commodity and I prefer to have the right tools to allow me to indulge these other interests.