PDA

View Full Version : New Lee mold for new caster.

Bullshop Junior
04-22-2014, 09:57 PM
So this is gonna be how this works.

I am going to buy a brand new lee 2 cavity mold for a member here. The mold will be of the receivers choice. I will also include a couple sticks of bullet lube, some gas checks if needed and a Lee push through die.

All you need to do is post what current lee mold you would like, why you need it, and your mailing address. That's it!

This is not a first come first serve. This is gonna be a random deal. One random day I am just gonna pick a random poster from here and send them the mold they wanted. Please so not PM mailing addresses. I already get way too many PMs.

I will not post who is going to get the mold either. Just one day a mold will show up in your mail box. Use it. Love it. And when you no longer need it pass it on to another.

Thanks for looking.

Sweetpea
04-22-2014, 11:40 PM
Sounds like a nice gesture, but folks may not want to post their addresses???

Just a thought.

Bullshop Junior
04-22-2014, 11:46 PM
That's true. I guess PM will do.

srtolly
04-22-2014, 11:52 PM
Very nice gesture and I would love to have a Lee TL356-124TC. I bought some bullets from someone on another forum and really liked the performance. I only cast for .45 acp now but like the tumble lube bullets.

Unfortunately I will not post my address in open forum which I'm sure anyone could understand. I would be happy to pm it to the op if I were selected.

But alas, I shall have to save my pennies for some time since the finance minister allowed me to get the turret press for my birthday yesterday.

Good luck to any that enter.

woodsxdragon
04-23-2014, 12:09 AM
You could always pick a few people and let them know that they are in the running for the mold. Like a final four or something.
Anyways... I work two jobs right now. Main job pays for my house/truck etc. My part time job pays for my hobbies and they just cut my hours there from 3 mornings a week down to one. I'm not in dire financial straits by any means but my gun budget took a hit. I've bought a few second hand molds on here but nothing with a GC. As I start loading my 300blk it looks like I'm gonna dive into casting more and be using gas checks.
If somehow I end up in the running...
I could use one of the Lee 90385 312-155. I hear they are pretty good if you size them down. I know midway has some kind of 230gr one but I haven't seen it in stock.
Anyways regardless this is a very noble gesture on your part. Thank you.

Bzcraig
04-23-2014, 12:15 AM
Good on ya Jr!

Mach_Cat
04-23-2014, 12:20 AM
Hello
Just joined the group. I am new cowboy action shooter and am just now getting to the point where casting is becoming a necessary requirement after have gone through 3000 45 colt boolit's this last year. Do not know lee mold number but I would be interested in a .452 dia rnfp 200-250 gr mold for 45LC. I have been using 200gr. I shoot 38/357 Also but do have mold for that just never used it.
Got a used lead pot and a sizer will be next up on the list.
So if I am lucky

BrassMagnet
04-23-2014, 02:32 AM
I would strongly suggest no addresses posted. For those that have posted, please edit your post to remove the name and address.

Bullshop Junior, please amend your thread to just PM the name and mailing address.

Bullshop Junior
04-23-2014, 08:56 AM
Alright. I guess once I select someone to recieve a mold ill PM that person for a address.

roscottjr
04-23-2014, 05:07 PM
I could use a Lee mold in either .320 or .350 ball for making buckshot. I have been looking into one of those other mold for "00" buckshotbut cant think of the name off hand, just cant afford one at the moment.

DougGuy
04-23-2014, 05:25 PM
I don't really need a mold, but this is a danged cool idear! Good on you Bullshop Junior!

fiberoptik
04-23-2014, 10:11 PM
I've picked up a few moulds and lots of info here, but haven't actually cast any yet. I need a .38 mould for my .38 Spl. S I can afford to shoot it! Tumble lube bullet preferred, but any mould would be nice! New to reloading as well! Disability don't pay enough for hobbies...

shooterbob
05-01-2014, 06:26 PM
I'm just getting into casting and would like to cast for my 256 win contender. I would like to be around 60 grn but I don't know if they make one for 60 anymore, maybe 75 only.
Stacy