PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo Bore Bullets

sniper
04-21-2014, 10:53 AM
Hey, all;

I have settled on the Remington Golden Saber 357 Magnum load and .38 Special +p Golden Saber rounds for my personal use...if they ever become readily available again...

But, I also want to develop CB loads for my 357 Magnum with 4" barrel, with velocity at about what my brother-in-law and I used to call "hot .38-mild magnum" loads at ~900 fps.

I understand that Buffalo Bore's .38 Spl. standard pressure loads develop about that velocity, and the bullets, which are said to be 158 gr. soft lead gas checked hollow points, expand reliably, and are bought from an independent vendor.

Can anyone tell me the name of the manufacturer? Hopefully, they will sell to a "little guy".

Thanx

Wayne Dobbs
04-21-2014, 11:05 AM
http://www.rimrockbullets.net/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=3&products_id=41

(the SWC-HP bullet) and

www.snscasting.com for the DEWC load.

Jupiter7
04-21-2014, 01:45 PM
Not sure about a bullet supplier. But those velocities are easily attained with certain powders. AA#5 comes to mind for standard pressure .38, 38 +p and mild magnums in .357 cases.

sniper
04-25-2014, 11:44 PM
Thank you Wayne and Jupiter; Exactly the info I needed. I probably will try AA #5, because a lot of people have good things to say about it, and the velocities I want can also easily be reached with Hodgdon's Universal, Unique, and 2400, which I have a supply of. But, a new powder is never a bad thing!