PDA

View Full Version : Introducing my new friend, CZ.

sigep1764
04-21-2014, 01:49 AM
102847Was at the range last Sunday, bsing with the counter guys, when they told me their gunshop was gonna be open on Sundays now. Said i better get over there and tell clerk to open up before anyone else does. Five minutes later I see this beautiful pistol. The clerk took it out, did the obligatory safety check, handed to me and said pull. My God... How many do you have says I. Says he, only that one right there. No you don't, cuz this one found a new home. Proud new caretaker of one CZ 75B Omega.

Stephen Cohen
04-21-2014, 02:31 AM
I had one of the early CZ 75s and loved it, even though the barrel was just on .358 it shot well with cast.

sigep1764
04-21-2014, 02:45 AM
Already did my plunk test and found a short chamber. I'm seating a Lee 356-120TC at 1.033oal for it. Dropped my charge of 3.7gr of PB @1.055oal to 3.5. Sizing to .358. Going to the range on Wednesday.

Stephen Cohen
04-21-2014, 06:06 AM
If you ever strip it right down, put it in a big plastic bag to remove the safety that little spring is difficult to find if not encased in a bag.

dragon813gt
04-21-2014, 06:45 AM
I want one of the Omegas to feel the difference in the trigger. Seems like a good thing that you can actually take the Omega triggers down.

Tonto
04-21-2014, 08:03 AM
The day after 9/11 I planned to buy my first 40 and had the shop lay every one on the counter. The Glock, SIG, H&K, everything they had, about 7 handguns. I gripped each one twice and bought a CZ75B single action only, it was perfect and the cheapest. Reason I bought it was I had a ton of brass that I needed a pistol to reload for. I now have a 357 SIG Bar-Sto barrel on it too. CZ has a great line. You will enjoy this handgun.

btroj
04-21-2014, 08:06 AM
That is a mighty fine grind you have. Cherish it, I know I cherish mine.

sig2009
04-21-2014, 09:29 AM
Now send that puppy off to the CZ Custom Shop for the competition hammer and to get all that creep out of the trigger. I have 4 CZ's and all have gotten the custom treatment and are a totally better trigger now!

sigep1764
04-21-2014, 12:20 PM
I have already visited the custom shops website to check them out. Didn't have anything on the Omega trigger, so I'm just gonna call them. I just can't get over how well-crafted this thing is. There are no burrs or tooling marks that i can find. And the black polycoat looks and feels as if it was dunked in a paint bucket. Its smooth all the way around. DA pull is long and a little heavy, but smooth. I'd say about as smooth as my Sig P250's DAO trigger. Single action is light, consistent, but a little mushy. I think a thousand rounds will clean it up.

armoredman
04-21-2014, 11:06 PM
Welcome to the addiction. :) One CZ ain't enough. :D

btroj
04-21-2014, 11:07 PM
Welcome to the addiction. :) One CZ ain't enough. :D

Please don't let my wife hear that, she wouldn't be happy

sigep1764
04-22-2014, 01:13 AM
Tell me about it. I already had/still have a CZ Redhead Deluxe o/u 12 gauge. Its seen somewhere north of 40000 rounds of trap loads and still locks up like a vault. I have never, repeat never had a problem with it in the 9 years I've owned it. Should have bought more from this company.

sig2009
04-22-2014, 10:49 AM
I have already visited the custom shops website to check them out. Didn't have anything on the Omega trigger, so I'm just gonna call them. I just can't get over how well-crafted this thing is. There are no burrs or tooling marks that i can find. And the black polycoat looks and feels as if it was dunked in a paint bucket. Its smooth all the way around. DA pull is long and a little heavy, but smooth. I'd say about as smooth as my Sig P250's DAO trigger. Single action is light, consistent, but a little mushy. I think a thousand rounds will clean it up.

Call the shop and speak to Rob Bagnato. All the cz use the same competition hammer which is squared. Not round like yours which most come with. I think total cost with return shipping and competition hammer,reduced power mainspring and extended firing pin installed was $230. Well worth it!

dragon813gt
04-22-2014, 11:37 AM
Cajun Gun Works is another option if you want to work the pistol over. I still haven't decided who I'm sending mine to.

Ed_Shot
04-22-2014, 11:56 AM
My 75B has the CZ Custom competition hammer and tune job and it can definitely shoot better than I can hold. Lesson learned, I asked for and got the 15# hammer spring which gave me a wonderful 8.2# DA and 3.8# SA but I later had to install their extended firing pin to cure the light firing pin strikes. I recently got a new sight set for it from Cajun Gun Works.

I have a new glossy blue 97B "E" in the works form David at Cajun Gun Works that I hope to get in a week or so. I know it will be world-class.

CZ's are worth the time effort and investment.