PDA

View Full Version : Why my Brittany Spaniel is a purty gurl

ohland
04-20-2014, 03:33 PM

If she has a red rubber ball in her mouth, neighbors think nothing of it.
If I say she needs discipline, ditto.
If I tie her up and leave her in the back of a truck, she's happy to see me.
If I overcook her chicken, she still eats it.
"Going out" usually involves buying meat sticks at the truck stop.
If I had a picture with her wearing a leather collar, it would be seen as traditional.
She is always dressed and ready to go (I need shoes!)
She is content with old shoes...
I can yell for "my little girl", swear at her (hardly ever) and not get arrested.
I can call her a filthy, dirty girl (it usually comes off with 409)
I can tell anyone why she is a filthy, dirty girl (little rivulet running through a cowyard)
She likes to sit on my lap.
When she runs off on me, it isn't for someone else, nor is it back to her momma...
When she comes back, I'm happily surprised.

She doesn't have thumbs. She can't cook. Lips are way too thin. Purty gurl anyways...

DCP
04-20-2014, 05:53 PM
Had a Brittany Spaniel she was a wonderful dog. Her name was Britt still miss her...

fivegunner
04-20-2014, 06:08 PM
dcp, I had the best Brittany ever, her name also was Britt, got her when she was 8 years old, she tought me how hunt grouse. I have had two other brittanys , but they were not as good hunters. I sure miss Britt.:grin:

DCM
04-20-2014, 09:30 PM
Ohland you missed the part about telling her to be quiet won't put you "in the dog house" for a month.
Nice dog.

DLCTEX
04-21-2014, 01:43 AM
I had a Brittney that's a great hunter. I gave her to my brother when I moved to the city. He sold her.

Ajax
04-21-2014, 05:09 AM
She is beautiful, for sure. I love the spanial's but they are hyper, and i can't deal with that any more lol.

Andy

uscra112
04-21-2014, 11:25 AM
She is beautiful, for sure. I love the spanial's but they are hyper, and i can't deal with that any more lol. Andy

That was going to be my comment, LOL! My old Dad had a Brittany - the last dog he had before he passed on. Needed much more outdoor activity than he could give her, and boy, was she a handful in the house !

elk hunter
04-22-2014, 10:47 AM
Ohland,

You made me tear up with that picture. Just a couple of weeks ago I lost one of my two Brittany's. She was 13 1/2 years old and a little lover to the end. My other Britt will be 14 the first of May and I'm dreading losing her. No more dogs when she's gone, it hurts too bad when you lose them. But I'll sure miss them working birds. Guess I'll have to teach one of the grand kids to retrieve.

ohland
04-22-2014, 07:44 PM
Ohland,Just a couple of weeks ago I lost one of my two Brittany's.

We've had four, Samantha, Bridgette, Charley, and now Belle. My Dad got a Springer Spaniel after Charley, good dog, but not a Brittany Spaniel.

She is still making progress (or we are getting used to obeying her) and is returning from pushing out (150 yards is 30 seconds...). I look forward to squirrel season to see if she can't chase one down. My Dad will be doing the Fall Turkey season, and you can use dogs... She loves turkeys.

See the hen in the upper right corner?