PDA

View Full Version : Fwiw

6pt-sika
01-04-2008, 04:29 AM
I called Marlin yesterday and talked with a very nice lady in the customer service department .

I called to ask her if Marlin was going to bring out a 336 this year in 32 WInchester Special . And if they were gonna have any off spring cartridges from the 308 Express .

She put me on hold for a couple minutes and then came back and said no to both questions .

So then I ask her if they were gonna have anyhting in the lever line that they didn't have last year ! And again I got a not .

So she pretty much said the only thing Marlin will have new this year is the bolt action rifle .

Well I had my heart set on a 336XLR in 32 Special !!! Guess not now :???:

01-04-2008, 12:03 PM
I don't know what's going on, but suposedly Marlin, NEF, DPMS, Bushmaster, and Remington have all been bought one corporate enitity. I just hope Marlin, et al, keeps makeing guns, period.

smkummer
01-04-2008, 12:18 PM
I don't know why the last Marlin bolt gun failed. It looked like it covered all the wants of most shooters. Maybe it is too tough of a market? Hard to compete with the Savage 110?

6pt-sika
01-05-2008, 01:35 AM
I don't know what's going on, but suposedly Marlin, NEF, DPMS, Bushmaster, and Remington have all been bought one corporate enitity. I just hope Marlin, et al, keeps makeing guns, period.

Yep you are correct !

Marlin/H&R are in the process of being burchased by Remington Arms .

And Remington is owned by "Cerebus" who also owns DPMS and Bushmaster !

If you look at the new Remington advertising for 2008 they will be coming out with a Model R15 which is nothing more then a Bushmaster or DPMS Ar15 with Remington written on the side .

I have no problem with Remington purchasing Marlin as it's far better then just closing the doors as Winchester did the other year !

But I was so hoping there would be say a 336XLR in 32 Special this year and perhaps a new cartridge based on the 308 Marlin Express !!! But that just doesn't seem to be this year :???:

6pt-sika
01-05-2008, 01:41 AM
I don't know why the last Marlin bolt gun failed. It looked like it covered all the wants of most shooters. Maybe it is too tough of a market? Hard to compete with the Savage 110?

I have a pretty fair number of Marlin rifles ! All lever actions except for a 17HMR and 17MII stainless bolt actions .

Now as far as a cut rate bolt action is concerned that is of no intrest to me . I am sure this gun was brought to the table to hopefully increase sales revenue . But I am afraid I'll have to say that it most likely will not generate any revenue from ME !

If you look at the rifle fairly closely it has many Savage 110 charactersitics ! Also has a Model 70 bolt release .

If I'm gonna purchase a bolt gun it will be a Remington or one of the older Interarms Mark X mausers . Which is actually the mauser actioned rifles that Remington is importing into this country now !

Lloyd Smale
01-05-2008, 06:07 AM
They are never going to leak out to you whats on the horizon before the press release anyway. So even though they told you that id about bet as usual you will see a few new guns this year.

6pt-sika
01-05-2008, 11:37 AM
They are never going to leak out to you whats on the horizon before the press release anyway. So even though they told you that id about bet as usual you will see a few new guns this year.

I asked the woman if she was 100% sure that there were going to be no NEW MODELS or CALIBERS and her answer was a resounding NO !

Now I hope you are correct as long as its something I want [smilie=1:

I kinda think that if they are not gonna make a run of standerd production 32 Specials , perhaps they are gonna do say 500 or 1000 for Davidson's or somebody like that !

01-05-2008, 12:47 PM
Rather than one corporate holding of all the various makers, I would sleep better if they were still owned by multi-generation families or independant companies again. Of course, I would sleep better if I won the lotto, too. Just about as much chance.

Buckshot
01-05-2008, 03:25 PM
..............I just wish they'd re-introduce the square bolt M93's. They already make M94's like that. So long as I'm wishing, how's about a REAL 1895 and not the warmed over 336?

................Buckshot

6pt-sika
01-05-2008, 09:41 PM
..............I just wish they'd re-introduce the square bolt M93's. They already make M94's like that. So long as I'm wishing, how's about a REAL 1895 and not the warmed over 336?

................Buckshot

I have four of the original Model 1895's with the square bolts . They are nice but a good bit on the heavy side . But then again they are no heavier then the 1886 Winchester and they have seen fit to remake that one a few times [smilie=1: