PDA

View Full Version : First MP mold.

06ackley
04-18-2014, 10:32 AM
I just received my first MP mold and I must say WOW! It is the 412 640 group buy.I cleaned it like you guys have said to do,preheated it and in a couple casts it was dropping nice boolits.What surprised me was how heavy that mold got compared to all my other molds which are NOE aluminum.Im not complaining because it was a joy casting those hollowpoints with the mold.They seemed to just fall out of the mold with very little effort.The only bad thing is that now I can see several more of Miha molds in my future!:grin:

MtGun44
04-18-2014, 05:01 PM
Top quality molds, for sure.

Bill

StuBach
12-26-2015, 11:21 PM
Have to agree with what everyone has said about MP moulds being nice. Got my first one today (358-93) Merry Christmas!�� Found it a joy to work with though I was able to get some great bullets cast I need to get a better solution to heating the mold as it does like to be hot. Now have to invest in a hot plate to preheat molds. Then save my pennies for the next one. Thank you Miha.

krems
12-31-2015, 10:37 PM
That mold looks heavy........After a serious casting session you'll have popeye forearms!......I've got a 3 banger brass mold and it gets heavy real quick. Those hollow points look cool!

StuBach
01-05-2016, 11:36 PM
Buddy said the same thing about the boolits. Wife Got me the dies/conversion for my Dillon for xmas so I could feed her colt government and my bodyguard. Made her happy, especially when I made my own bullet lube in bright green for her.

One note on these, the TC drops seemed to give a better grouping but shot higher so going to drop the charge a little. Didn't take the chrono with me yet but will report back once I have data.

JRR
01-06-2016, 11:24 AM
Really nice looking casts.

Increasing the velocity will lower the impact point. The boolit leaves the barrel sooner in the recoil arc.

AggieEE
01-06-2016, 11:41 AM
06ackley, welcome to the addiction :lol: Yes they are heavy, but by the time I want to call it quits I've got a pretty good pile of bullets.

StuBach
01-07-2016, 07:17 AM
This is why I come here. Thanks for the info, hadn't considered leaving the barrel part way through the recoil arc.

Next set of loads are going to be a test set in .1gr increasing increments to find the sweet spot. Let the wife try the remaining loads at this charge to see if her gun likes them better.

tward
01-07-2016, 06:06 PM
Great molds for sure! My 4 banger is too heavy for extended sessions, ordered a 2 banger for my next one and it is much kinder to my old arms. You are right, they like hot! I usually run my pot at 775-800 degrees, especially if I'm doing the large hollow points. Tim:bigsmyl2: