View Full Version : wolfs spring kit for SP101

LUCKYDAWG13
04-17-2014, 09:29 AM
what can you tell me about the replacement spring kit from wolf
is it worth while to replace the springs in my ruger SP101
thanks

rststeve
04-17-2014, 11:45 AM
I have 2 sp101 that have the wolf spring kits in them. The Kit can be a mixed blessing as you may encounter miss fires it not set up properly. At the time of the spring installation I also polished much of the internals also which I think had more to do with the better trigger pull than the the spring kit itself. A hard trigger pull is not so bad as long as it is smooth and crisp. I believe on my sp101 I used the 12# main spring and left the factory trigger spring as the softer trigger springs would not rest all the time. Hope this helps

seaboltm
04-17-2014, 11:47 AM
Sometimes the Wolf spring kits will use too light a hammer spring, causing misfires. I have had this happen in SP 101's, and Redhawks.

40-82
04-17-2014, 11:58 AM
You probably already know this but anytime you change springs you may have a misfire. The standard test is at least 50 rounds double action to confirm reliability. You can also create a situation where your gun will work with Federal primers but not something harder like CCI's. I like Wolff Springs and I use them, but I would never think of trusting them without testing them. Weight of trigger pull alone is not a reliable indication of whether your gun will always work. I tend to agree with the concept that a heavy, smooth is fine.

LUCKYDAWG13
04-17-2014, 12:39 PM
thank you when i get the kit ill try the #12 spring