PDA

View Full Version : Another Trap Door

KCSO
04-16-2014, 07:05 PM
I was fool enough to sell the first one and now I have come across enough scrap parts to build another.

I am in the process of building another trap door springfield 22. I will try and post pictures as I go along with this. No collectors parts were damaged here these were all severly rusted parts salvaged from junkers over the years. I just finished my extractor today and have milled out and checkered a front sight base. Next I will band saw out a carbine stock and start putting some metal into the wood. The last one I did was a nice little rifle and shot well so I am hopefull for this one. The barrel is from an old mossberg target barrel and the lock is a combination of old and new built parts. With things like replacment hammers going for $80 at GPC I have had to make abot everything I needed to finish out the gun.

AFAIK there are only two of these out there now.

gwpercle
04-16-2014, 07:53 PM
No pictures to go along with this most interesting thread? I would love to see it happen. Have always loved trap doors.

Mk42gunner
04-17-2014, 02:37 AM
Sounds interesting. Pictures would be nice.

With that barrel I think it will about have to shoot well; I have never seen a Mossberg .22 that didn't, even their semi-autos shot well.

Robert

StrawHat
04-17-2014, 06:42 AM
Sounds interesting. Pictures would be nice.

Robert

Nice? I think pictures would be MANDATORY!

Mk42gunner
04-17-2014, 04:31 PM
Nice? I think pictures would be MANDATORY!

Yeah well, I was trying to be nice for once. Especially since I still don't know how to post pictures.

Robert

uscra112
04-18-2014, 01:57 AM
Why does this make me think of a .30-30 liner in the main gun of an Abrams tank? :kidding:

StrawHat
08-11-2014, 06:51 AM
Any updates on the build?