PDA

View Full Version : Productive Weekend

chsparkman
04-15-2014, 06:24 PM
Just got back from a romantic weekend with the wife in central Virginia. We had a great time antiquing and dining out. I found a couple of cast iron muffin pans for pouring ingots and several pieces of pewter at good prices to melt down. The cap of the trip was finding a nice Marlin 336 in 35 Remington for a great price. If only all romantic getaways were this great!

Pb2au
04-16-2014, 08:43 AM
Romantic weekend + gun stuff = even better weekend.

reddoggm
04-16-2014, 09:20 AM
I was just telling the Wife how we need to get away for a weekend and After hearing of yours I,ll just have to figure out where we can go that I can duplicate yours Well at least the finding of a .35 Marlin part Been wanting to kinda Run into one of those rifles for a while now but as you I need to run into one for a Great Price Enjoy that Marlin Great Score
DOGG!!!

missionary5155
04-16-2014, 06:48 PM
Greetings
When we are out roaming about wife and I stop at all sorts of places. Ya learn to give and take and enjoy life together. All sorts of unexpected places turn out to be treasure troves of unique (love that powder) areas to get digging into. Most any corner, under a pile, back behind some boxes may be an old forgotten Roller in 43 Spanish, a couple of iron handled molds or even a few boxes of "green label" ammo.
Mike in Peru

OverMax
04-16-2014, 08:43 PM
Well did you buy that marlin?

chsparkman
04-20-2014, 09:11 PM
Indeed I did. Soon I'll be building some ammo for it.

Bzcraig
04-20-2014, 10:42 PM
Ok, I have to ask......was it being with your bride or finding the Marlin that made it romantic? Lol

TXGunNut
04-20-2014, 11:01 PM
Ok, I have to ask......was it being with your bride or finding the Marlin that made it romantic? Lol

Hard to say, just hope his bride had as good a time as he did. Sounds like a sweet weekend indeed.

Three44s
04-23-2014, 12:45 AM
Ten years ago next January my wife and I wed.

Our honey moon was spent going from gun stores to tack stores and back and again ........ kind of like a sail boat tacking into a wind ........ as we worked our way home. (got married out of town)

We did not spend hardly anything but that was not the point ........ (coming home broke) ........ we just liked the adventure!

Best regards

Three 44s