PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to Redding equipment

rockrat
04-15-2014, 02:42 PM
Had the decapping stem adjusted wrong, going from one press to another and thought the brass was just being contrary during sizing.
Turned out I had bottomed out the decapping stem in the head of the case and bent it. Tried to straighten it out, but the stem broke right at the expander ball.

Couldn't get the stem out of the expander ball setup, so emailed Redding and told them what happened. They sent me a catalog and a new expander assembly with extra decapping pins, free of charge!!! Took 3 days from the email until it showed up in my mailbox.

Big A+++ for Redding and their warrantee on their dies.

cbrick
04-15-2014, 07:02 PM
I guess that shows that they can do it if they want. That's certainly not my experience with Redding, not even close. I wouldn't have anything new Redding if it was free and stuffed up my hieny, that's how well Redding treated me.

Rick

GP100man
04-15-2014, 09:37 PM
cbrick , I`m sorry for your exp. with Redding ,but in my neck of the woods I don`t see anything Redding , it`s all Lee & RCBS or Lyman & a little Hornady .

Maybe they`re trying a little harder to warranty stuff & get good PR & feedbacks ???

I`ve been lookin at the Big Boss II & the on press priming system , but reviews has me in a holding pattern. I do like the thru ram primer disposal though.

Bayou52
04-16-2014, 08:10 AM
I also bent a decapping rod on a 30-06 die set a while back. I called Redding, and they provided a new rod free of charge. The company rep said that the company would provide 1 free decapping rod per customer.

I've never called Redding for any other repair matters, but this one was handled well.

All in all though, it's RCBS that stands the unquestioned champion when it comes to customer service - never a question, never a limit, never a condition.

Petrol & Powder
04-16-2014, 08:27 AM
I've been using a mix of Redding/Saeco/RCBS/Lee/Dillon and a few others that I can't remember. For customer service, Dillon is by far the best but I've had good experiences with Redding. I damaged a sizing die one time (my mistake for sure) and they sent the replacement parts quickly. I'll second Bayou52 about RCBS. I know I've used their customer service and it was great but RCBS stuff breaks so seldom that I don't recall the details.

50/50
04-18-2014, 08:44 PM
I've used Redding equipment for years. Thier dies in my opionion are second to none. Made from the finest steel with superb craftmanship. They are vertually "bullet proof" (no pun intended).

Now let me see if I got this straight....we screw something up because we didn't use the product correctly, and we expect them to send us stuff free of charge? I could see if someone had a diffective product, but really???

Don't get me wrong....I've had my share with reloading boners here and there, and even Rockrat said he had the decapping stem adjusted incorrectly. Hey...we all bugger something up now and then. A couple months ago, I had a stuck case in a Redding FL Sizing die. While getting it out, I ruined the the decapping stem. After getting everything apart I thought I might have scratched the die body. I put it all in a box, sent it to Redding along with an explanation and my credit card number for the cost of repairs. A few days later I recieved my die back with a note saying the die body checked out ok and they installed a new decapping rod...all free of charge. I called them up and thanked them for such good service. Everytime I've called thier "tech line" for some reloading pointers, they've always answered the phone promptly and was more than happy to help me with any questions.

I also have a Dillon loader and dies, and yes...they are top notch too!

cbrick
04-18-2014, 09:20 PM
Yep, like I said, they can do it if they want. Big problem though is that they don't always want. Wait until your on the messy end of the stick. I was and when they found out I posted here about really cr*ppy customer service they sent out emails slandering me.

What was so bad about the customer service? A brand new T-7 and the ram didn't line up with the dies, that's kind of a problem I would say. They said no, do not send it in, we don't want to see it, there is nothing wrong with it and if you don't like that go buy RCBS.

That's your beloved Redding. Until that incident I sang their praises louder than anyone. Not anymore.

Rick

Pistol Pete
04-19-2014, 11:52 PM
Hello...I have bought a couple of Redding die sets for 40 S&W and 9x19 pistols, unhappy with both. I bought a Redding case straightening
die which I like, but their pistol dies leave a lot to be desired. I have a reloader friend that uses Redding dies for rifles with great success but I
would stay away from their pistol dies. They tried to help in both instances but their results were not up to par. I have had good luck
with Hornady and RCBS dies, excellent results, actually.
Just my opinion...
Pistol Pete