PDA

View Full Version : Uberti Cattleman Question

Green Frog
04-14-2014, 07:53 PM
OK, I see the centerfire Cattleman variant on one page of their website, and a 22 rimfire variant (6 or 12 shot types) on another. My question for this august body is whether the rimfire Cattleman utilizes the same size frame and by extension the same size cylinder as its centerfire brethren. What I have already is the discontinued 32-20 version and I would like to get a second cylinder I could have reamed to 327 Fed Mag. That would be a sweet combo, don't you think? And in the image of the grand daddy of single actions, the Colt 1873! Ol' Skeeter woulda been proud! :Fire:

Froggie

Tar Heel
04-14-2014, 09:55 PM
OK, I see the centerfire Cattleman variant on one page of their website, and a 22 rimfire variant (6 or 12 shot types) on another. My question for this august body is whether the rimfire Cattleman utilizes the same size frame and by extension the same size cylinder as its centerfire brethren. What I have already is the discontinued 32-20 version and I would like to get a second cylinder I could have reamed to 327 Fed Mag. That would be a sweet combo, don't you think? And in the image of the grand daddy of single actions, the Colt 1873! Ol' Skeeter woulda been proud! :Fire:

Froggie

Froggie, rather than gather opinion here, would not this question be best directed to Uberti?

Green Frog
04-14-2014, 10:45 PM
This idea came to me this evening. I'll check further with Uberti by the cold light of day. In the meanwhile, I was hoping one of this latter day Wild Bunch would have both a CF and a RF example in hand and cut out the middle man. ;)

Froggie

Tar Heel
04-14-2014, 10:49 PM
This idea came to me this evening. I'll check further with Uberti by the cold light of day. In the meanwhile, I was hoping one of this latter day Wild Bunch would have both a CF and a RF example in hand and cut out the middle man. ;)

Froggie

I'm just chuckling.....Oh daylight!!!!
I'm amazed you don't have complete plans for a redesigned gun by now! Some of these guys....well you know....