PDA

View Full Version : Cast w/PC im M1?

mdi
04-14-2014, 04:50 PM
Asked this question over in the Coating and Alternatives section and got no replies;

Jes wonderin'. Has anybody tried PCed bullets in their M1 Garand? I coated a bunch of Lee 312-185-1R gas checked bullets for my 30-30 and/or Mosin Nagant (depending on sizing). I just might give these a try in my Garand but wanna ask first if anybody has done it 'cause this rifle is my "baby" and I don't wanna clog it up or anythin' bad...

bangerjim
04-14-2014, 05:13 PM
Just remember......PC comes out VERY easy if any is left......MUCH easier than mining lead out of your barrel due to incorrect size greasy boolits. Use laq thinner or acetone to easily dissolve any polyester powder residue. Try that with Pb.

I shoot everything from 223 thru 45LC and have never had any problems.

Try it you will love it!

banger

popper
04-15-2014, 09:30 AM
All the time in my AR10 clone. Doesn't even clog the adjustable GB. Just watch the nose size so you don't have chambering problems. I think we determined the HF red is thermoplastic so ~3K fps may be the limit before it stays in the bore. I get 2450 in the carbine & probably +150 in the 24" barrel, no problems. I coat the whole boolit including the GC.

mdi
04-15-2014, 11:42 AM
Thanx fellers. I've been shooting PCed bullets in my Puma .44 (what a hoot!) with no problems but I'm kinda new at Garand reloading (mebbe 2K rounds). I have only used J bullets and 2 powders for my M1 reloading, so PCed bullets is new territory for me and my Garand...