PDA

View Full Version : excellent youtube video on field stripping the Rossi 92

pirkfan
04-14-2014, 04:45 PM
This fellow from down under does an excellent video on disassembling and reassembling the Rossi M92
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=822cHxAIgQE

TCLouis
04-15-2014, 12:20 AM
I am learning to hate youtube videos.

So MUCH GREAT INFO available and buffering takes far more time than the video!

searcher4851
04-16-2014, 03:21 PM
Thanks for posting. I can't wait to get home so I can watch it.

akraven
04-17-2014, 03:10 AM
I am learning to hate youtube videos.

So MUCH GREAT INFO available and buffering takes far more time than the video!

Oh I totally agree with that!!!

Del-Ray
04-17-2014, 05:23 AM
I hate YouTube because I go there to watch ONE F'ING VIDEO. And I end up still there three hours later watching some obscure interview with John Wayne, plane crashes, videos whining about guns, videos supporting guns, and videos supporting the videos supporting guns by half naked chicks......

Where the heck did THAT come from? Because of course. THAT'S when the wife walks in...

DCP
04-17-2014, 07:32 PM
Great Video

Thanks for posting

searcher4851
04-18-2014, 12:21 PM
Great video. The camera work is great too. He goes through the whole process ON CAMERA, unlike so many others. I don't like it when they sit there telling you what needs to be done, then do it off camera and come back on camera with that operation completed, then move on to the next part. This guy is good, and well worth watching for anyone that has a Rossi 92.

pirkfan
04-22-2014, 08:18 PM
I just followed this video on my new Rossi 92 in 45 colt. The rifle had a problem with the cartridge elevator (not lifting the cartridge high enough to chamber). It was obvious that the right side of the elevator was rubbing on the inside of the receiver and sticking, so I followed the video to remove the bolt, trigger group (lower tang), and hammer. Then it was just two screws to remove the elevator. A little light polishing on the right side of the elevator with a diamond hone, oiled the elevator stop on the left side, and then put the rifle back together, again following the video. Very helpful. Works great now. An interesting side note, the ejector assembly had been installed incorrectly, the black tube that engages the dogleg on the bolt was in front of the spring, instead of behind it where it belonged. I had cycled a few cartridges through the rifle, and they had ejected, I assume the spring itself was engaging the dogleg. Just another reason to strip down and clean out your new Rossi!

Pb2au
04-23-2014, 10:33 AM
Remember, when you get a Rossi, you also get the option of becoming a Rossi factory service rep!
I joke, but other than a few simple things, they trend to being good shooters.

Maximumbob54
04-23-2014, 11:45 AM
Remember, when you get a Rossi, you also get the option of becoming a Rossi factory service rep!
I joke, but other than a few simple things, they trend to being good shooters.

It's all about that price point. Sure, I would buy a brand new Winnie but I near choke to death when I see the price tag on one. I've twice now bought a new Rossi instead of the big red W's products. So I'm fine with a little love being needed by a $400ish R92.

bangerjim
04-23-2014, 01:40 PM
I have two of them and have hesitated on doing this. But the vid is very good. Time to try it.

I love YouTube for instructional videos! Use it all the time. But you have to use "wisdom" when believing some of those jokers on there. Just like on here, it's all opinion most of the time. But they do always have video proof right B-4 your eyes.

And you must "stay on the straight and narrow path" or you will be off in the dark bowels of YouTube with nothing even closely related to what you were watching....just like stinkin' search engines!

No problems with buffering on this end! You just need a faster/better provider. I do ~34MB/s. Even 28+ on my iPad via wireless.

3G is slower, so if that is what you are using, better wait till you get to a faster WIFI location or at home.

banger

Pb2au
04-23-2014, 10:16 PM
It's all about that price point. Sure, I would buy a brand new Winnie but I near choke to death when I see the price tag on one. I've twice now bought a new Rossi instead of the big red W's products. So I'm fine with a little love being needed by a $400ish R92.

Same here. Nothing against the Winchesters and others, but yeah, if my Rossi needed a little help, I was very glad to give it.
99.5%, they simply need a good cleaning and you are off to the races.

rondog
04-24-2014, 01:05 AM
I love YouTube, there's so much awesome entertainment and information there! But I hate the videos where some long-winded character blathers on and on and on about trivial nonsense, instead of getting to the point. KISS, man - Keep It Short and Sweet.

Then there's the videos with NO narration, just visual step by step with no talking, just some stupid music.

pirkfan
04-29-2014, 12:11 PM
bump to join second part of video.....too bad this couldn't be a sticky