PDA

View Full Version : Midway Backorder Policy

charlie3tuna
01-02-2008, 02:31 PM
This is my first post and if this is not the correct place , please move it. (Don't know much about casting, still learning.)

Some time back a member complained about Midway USA sending backordered items individually, thus greatly multiplying shipping charges. By dumb luck, I learned a way around this:

PLACE ALL BACKORDERED ITEMS ON THEIR OWN ORDER. (Do NOT put any in-stock item on the order.) They will hold the order until ALL backordered items arrive and they will be shipped as one.

This policy isn't written down anywhere that I know of. "Chris" explained it to me.

Hope this helps.

charlie

jim4065
01-02-2008, 03:11 PM
Hi - and welcome to the best board on the net.

Each backordered item on its own order or an order consisting of nothing but backordered items? So far I've been refusing to order anything which was out of stock just because of those shipping charges.

pumpguy
01-02-2008, 05:17 PM
This is probably the worst customer service policy around. It is not the fault of the person ordering that they are out of an item. When I worked in distribution and now that I am in manufacturing, we ship b.o.s free of charge all the time. It is an incentive on our part to not be out of things we sell. As a whole, I like Midway, but, this policy sucks!!

Blammer
01-02-2008, 05:29 PM
basically put an entire order together of nothing but backordered items.

I just wait till they have it in stock, by that time the order is getting bigger and I'm saving up more money....

Morgan Astorbilt
01-02-2008, 06:35 PM
Last week, a backorder I placed about six months ago, came from Midsouth.
Two 8 lb. kegs, one of Bullseye, and one of Unique, along with the 5000 Federal 150 primers that were on backorder. Midsouth honored the original purchase price on the primers, which were $22/1000. The powder hasn't gone up, it's about $99/8lbs. I told them to wait until all items were in before shipping.

Upon receiving the order, I immediately called them up to order more primers, but they were out. Everything they got in was used to fill backorders. Probably, as with mine, at original lower prices.
Good people to do business with, not as many items as Midway, but usually better prices on what they've got.

Sorry I didn't order more primers:mrgreen:
Morgan

bullshot
01-02-2008, 07:48 PM
I also only ordered in stock items from Midway to avoid shipping charges on backordered items. When shopping for the not available items found Midsouth. I agree that there prices are as good and sometimes better than Midway. Multiple choices are a good thing.

mooman76
01-02-2008, 09:13 PM
I have no problem with their policy now that I know. They have good prices and try to keep them low and they would just have to pass on extra shipping charges to other customers. I just don't back order if I can help it. There are some comanies that will hold your order until the backorders come in and I don't like that at all!

Bad Water Bill
01-03-2008, 01:34 AM
Well at 0530 on 12-26-07 I placed orders to both Midway and Midsouth. Because it was the 1st day after a loooong weekend I had MS send their mdse by Fed Ex ( they are nice enough to give you that option ) and Midway could only come by UPS. The MS order arrived on Friday. Today I finally got the MW goods . Mw notified me Friday that the 1 item that was back ordered was now in stock and being shipped. The item weighed 5 oz cost 8.29 and shipping was 8.66. I called MW and told them to cancel the order. MS will be getting much more of my business from now on. BWB :castmine:

Lee
01-03-2008, 01:38 AM
I have also ecxperienced the same, no longer order from Midway if it's being BO'd
Perhaps that's why they no longer invite me to a discount party on my Birthday???......Lee:wink:
I can only hope that someone from Midway reads these threads from time to time. A sensitive CS Rep would take these comments back to the powers that be, and if smart, they in turn would listen to their customers......

Slowpoke
01-03-2008, 01:59 AM
"I can only hope that someone from Midway reads these threads from time to time. A sensitive CS Rep would take these comments back to the powers that be,"

They have and do or do and have :)

good shopping

Lloyd Smale
01-03-2008, 05:18 AM
you guys have got to go here for your powder and primers. Much cheaper then midway http://www.powdervalleyinc.com/

shotstring
01-03-2008, 05:38 AM
I also use PowderValley for all my powder and primer orders. Most other things come from Midway, but I am not only unhappy with their BO shipping prices but with their shipping prices in general. Am I alone here in thinking that their shipping prices are not what they should be? It seems they charge not by weight but by a combination of weight and item cost. Sometimes it costs $3 or $4 additional shipping to add a 4" hollow stick of $2.50 lube! :(

So now I probably drive them crazy with my orders going something like...."ok...if I order 3 of those and 1 of these things, what is my shipping? ok, take one of the first items off....ok, what is my shipping now?" Eventually you find out what items to order together and what items not to. But what a pain.

freedom475
01-03-2008, 08:18 AM
Graf and sons.........$3.95 is all you ever pay for shipping and the prices are usually close to Midway and after the huge shipping cost from Midway, Graf's usually beats them. Not as much stuff but a whole lot better deal.

MT Gianni
01-03-2008, 10:31 AM
Graf and sons.........$3.95 is all you ever pay for shipping and the prices are usually close to Midway and after the huge shipping cost from Midway, Graf's usually beats them. Not as much stuff but a whole lot better deal.

I have been a Graf & Son's buyer since 1988 and they have always treated me right. Gianni