PDA

View Full Version : Which Hogue grip for lipseys 44 special New Blackhawk

duke76
04-13-2014, 07:28 PM
Hey Gents, does anyone know if Hogue makes a grip for lipseys new model blackhawk 44 special? It is a brand new gun.These are the ones that have the medium frame I believe. I did a search and Dale 53 said back in 2010 that they didnt make them, just wandering if they still dont or if they did now. There seems to be a lot of options and I want to make sure I get the right one. I dont really care for the looks of a Hogue grip on a single action but I am using Skeeters load of 7.5 unique and 240 grain lead boolits and they are quite a handful to shoot with the factory grips, or if anyone has any suggestions for grips if Hogue doesnt make them I am open to suggestions, Thanks Todd

35 Whelen
04-13-2014, 07:40 PM
The Lipsey Flat Top Blackhawk looks the same as my regular production Flat Top Blackhawk. It doesn't appear they use different grips. I bought a set of Rosewood grips off eBay for mine and they fit perfectly.

35W

Old School Big Bore
04-13-2014, 07:57 PM
Duke - I used to shoot IHMSA silhouette with a SBH and thought I needed rubber grips on it - turns out they just gave me blisters due to dragging skin with them when the grip rotated in recoil - not that heavy of a load either, just 11/Unique/255 Keith...I went back to wood, even though it goes KLONK a lot louder if it happens to hit the wall of a deer blind. Pretty sure the Hogues would do the same thing but magnified on a lighter gun.

cbrick
04-13-2014, 08:23 PM
Pachmeyer may make them.

I shot silhouette revolver for many years with everything from 454 to 357 using rubber grips (Pachs) and I gotta say that if you got blisters from them your grip is all wrong. It is the most comfortable way to shoot single action magnums. True they are ugly on a single action but the question is: Do you want to look good or shoot good?

The grip should never rotate in your hand!

Rick

c1skout
04-13-2014, 09:35 PM
I'm not certain but I think the one that Hogue doesn't make grips for is the one with the internal lock. If your gun doesn't have that lock you use regular Blackhawk grips. I have both the Pachmayr and Hogue rubber grips and prefer the Pachmayr. It fits my hand better and after you use them a bunch they sort-of slick up so they aren't too grippy, but grippy enough to not slip if your hand is wet or sweaty.

Ickisrulz
04-13-2014, 09:58 PM
The New Flat Tops use the same grips as the New Vaquero (XR3 frame). With or without lock, same Hogue Grip.

http://www.hoguestore.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=27_702_703

See here for confirmation:

http://www.sackpeterson.com/models/RugerSingleActions.html

duke76
04-14-2014, 07:06 PM
I was thinking the Hogue monogrip, but it appears they dont make one to fit this gun