PDA

View Full Version : Rifle's handloader journal /microgroove rifling and troubleshooting cast bullets

badbob454
04-13-2014, 04:46 PM
walked in the sportsmans warehouse and this magazine hit me i has a nice article on cast bullets for micro groove rifling .....troubleshooting cast bullets ,..... accuracy bullet bore and groove ......... and what caught my eye 35 whelen still a viable big game cartridge it is the april 2014 magazine i figured this was a good place to put it as so many marlins in this forum .i wondered why the micro groove had such a bad rap ... now i know it is a good barrel just lots of shallow grooves .. it also has an article on classic firearms how to keep them shooting .... what a refreshing magazine most have military guns rifles etc , this had all the stuff i really like.. reccomended read/

HollandNut
04-13-2014, 04:50 PM
I've subbed to handloader off and on ever since they started might near , most of their stuff is very useful

DLCTEX
04-14-2014, 12:32 PM
I thought it was nothing that hasn't been covered here for years.

Scharfschuetze
04-14-2014, 01:26 PM
Of all the shooting periodicals, the Rifle and the Handloader are probably the most useful. I've subscribed off and on for something like 40 years and have gleaned some useful info and data from them. I currently get the "on-line" digital versions of them.