PDA

View Full Version : Help with picking mold 45-270 hp mold that will drop WW .455 or bigger

shawnba67
04-12-2014, 10:37 AM
I have the bug but not the money. My pistol liked the Kieth style at 255ish(Thank you Runfiverun) I've always wanted a little heavier boolit. Ive never heard or read a bad thing on the rcbs 270 SAA bullet. I think I can muster the funds for a mold but probly not several. I would like to have the best chance at getting what I want first try, I also don't want to let low funds keep me from spending the right money initially. I want a 45-270 that will cast FP and HP that will drop big enough to size to .455 or shoot as cast.(.454 fall right thru my cylinder).I have WW alloy I think I would like to try and cast some of pure lead for hunting(little to no concern of leading due to so few shots) But i read that pure casts smaller than alloy. Do any of you guys have any recommendations? Don't mind waiting some time but to ready to go to wait several months on a mold.
I promise I searched,and hit the cliff notes in the sticky's just didn't see my question or didn't recognize it if I did.

shawnba67
04-12-2014, 08:59 PM
Did I word this wrong? Looking for a 270grain ish mold to make HP that drops COWW on the large side.

CPL Lou
04-12-2014, 10:15 PM
Miha usually makes a few extra:
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?216940-MiHec-45-270-RCBS-Rerun-brass-two-or-four-cavity-HP-or-solid
Maybe you can get one of these.

CPL Lou