PDA

View Full Version : Shot the Glock 10mm for the first time

6bg6ga
04-12-2014, 07:04 AM
A while back I purchased a Glock model 20 from a family member that only had a few rounds thru it because the price was right. After purchasing it I read horror stories that told about the tremendous kick and the fact that FBI personal couldn't handle it and this made we wonder just what in the heck have I gotten myself into. Anyway yesterday I took the day off and went out shooting. I took the 10mm with me and finally worked up the courage to fire it. To my amazement the full house loads didn't bother me a bit and a few rounds had me making a 1.25" group at 30yards which I felt wasn't too bad for the first time with a gun I wasn't familier with.

Lefty Red
04-12-2014, 07:20 AM
My cousin daily carries his G20 on the ranch and even use it for hogs. We have ran some pretty stout loads out of it and never had a problem.

I think the one think that killed the 10mm for the FBI was the S&W 1076. I have shot a few of the S&W big bore autos during the time period and all seemed to fit high in the hand and had more felt recoil and lack of follow up shots. The S&Ws just didn't fit the hand, unless large, as well as most Glocks. Big bores I say.

Lefty

khmer6
04-12-2014, 08:33 AM
Mighty fine gun. Accurate as hell too. Enjoy it. 10mm is my main cartridge now. Have a few pickings

seagiant
04-12-2014, 08:44 AM
Hi,
The 10MM ammo you buy at Walmart is actually loaded down! The Winchester silver tip is suppose to be the closest to original loadings. The 10MM is capable of moving a 185 gr bullet 1300 FPS which is pretty good and has excellent penetration!

There is nothing really wrong with the S&W Auto the problem was women qualifying at the range and pansy boys in the FBI not being able to man up and LEARN how to actually shoot a pistol! (oh I'm sorry ALL FBI Agents are experts!)

Remember the beauty of the 45 ACP is a slow rolling recoil and a heavy bullet at moderate speeds. However does not have the penetration of the harder kicking full house load 10MM!

Groo
04-12-2014, 10:18 AM
Groo here
For "Real" 10mm try Underwood.
The thing is , if you want to run HOT or "Nukuler" loads a lot , a spring change and an aftermarket barrel will be needed.

Mallard57
04-12-2014, 12:13 PM
I really enjoy my 20 SF

seagiant
04-12-2014, 02:33 PM
Hi,
Here's my 20 with a Lone Wolf barrel and has a 25 cent trigger job and Novak sights, runs like a top and 17 rds of 10MM is pretty awsome! Wish S&W made the M&P in a 10!

Bonz
04-12-2014, 02:43 PM
Hi,
Here's my 20 with a Lone Wolf barrel and has a 25 cent trigger job and Novak sights, runs like a top and 17 rds of 10MM is pretty awsome! Wish S&W made the M&P in a 10!

Here's a scary thought, S&W M&P Shield in 10mm ( ouch )

Lefty Red
04-12-2014, 11:24 PM
Hi,
The 10MM ammo you buy at Walmart is actually loaded down! The Winchester silver tip is suppose to be the closest to original loadings. The 10MM is capable of moving a 185 gr bullet 1300 FPS which is pretty good and has excellent penetration!

There is nothing really wrong with the S&W Auto the problem was women qualifying at the range and pansy boys in the FBI not being able to man up and LEARN how to actually shoot a pistol! (oh I'm sorry ALL FBI Agents are experts!)

Remember the beauty of the 45 ACP is a slow rolling recoil and a heavy bullet at moderate speeds. However does not have the penetration of the harder kicking full house load 10MM!

Guess I will just finish my tea and grab my teddy bear and head to bed then.

Lloyd Smale
04-13-2014, 07:13 AM
I think there puppy dogs to shoot.

6bg6ga
04-13-2014, 07:24 AM
I think there puppy dogs to shoot.

To be honest I have heard so many horror stories about the 10mm that it actually played on me. I bought this one because it was a decent price and it came with 450+ rounds of ammunition.

Your absolutely correct as it is a puppy dog to shoot. The loads were max loads and yet the recoil was less in my opinion than my Colt Officers 45acp or a model 23 Glock 40cal. Its a real pleasant gun to shoot and extremely accurate.

I have a picture of the wife shooting it and yes I shot it first. LOL

Lefty Red
04-13-2014, 10:21 AM
Cousin's 10mm is the Lone Wolf longer barrel that is comped, not ported. Like I said, even with the standard barrel, its a good shooter even within 357 mag velocities. And the wild hogs in SEMO don't like it. ;)

Ramjet-SS
04-13-2014, 06:40 PM
oh my goodness the 10mm Glock is an awesome weapon I have a model 29 and a Model 20 the model 20 stock and Lone a Wolf Longslide upper with a comp. MiHec 200 grain WFN over a heavy dose of Longshot. I think the single most important option I installed on my slides are Green Lite pipe fixed sights. The recoils is not much of anything at all.