PDA

View Full Version : Blue-Colored Words...

BCB
04-12-2014, 06:44 AM
Located in some of my posts--and some of other people's posts...

When touched with the curser, they open a pop-up or another website...

I seem to notice them on I.E. and not Mozilla Firefox...

I notice them on other sites also...

Very annoying...

Thanks...BCB

sthwestvictoria
04-12-2014, 06:51 AM
Don't click on them. Generally spam or malware links.

BCB
04-12-2014, 07:02 AM
Anyway to stop them?...

Thanks...BCB

Zymurgy50
04-12-2014, 08:22 AM
superantispyware or malwarebytes should get rid of the annoying blue links......

oneokie
04-12-2014, 08:35 AM
Scan your computer with something like mentioned above. Flush your browser cache. Some sites will show those if you aren't logged in, however Castboolits is not one of those sites.

BCB
04-12-2014, 10:08 AM
I'll see if I can find them on the Web someplace...

Apparently, McAfee doesn't take care of those things?...

Thanks...BCB

bangerjim
04-12-2014, 12:05 PM
Just don't click on the "little blue words" if you do not want to go to those sites.

Most go to BS sites or Wikipedia.

You should be ALWAYS running a good virus/intrusion protection program anyway. Those will catch anything on the other end. I prefer Norton 360. Many prefer not to pay for anything. I guess those free-bees work. In over many years (since Peter Norton introduced it), I have NEVER had any viruses, worms, malwares, etc in any of the many computers in my company. The PAID program catches EVERYTHING harmful.....every time!

Good luck trapping those "little blue men"!!!!! [smilie=p:

banger

Hickok
04-12-2014, 01:10 PM
There's usually some blue and purple colored words when I get burned casting, then a quick boogey woogey dance, and then I look around to see if the boolit I just cast got messed up![smilie=1:

oneokie
04-12-2014, 04:50 PM
I'll see if I can find them on the Web someplace...

Apparently, McAfee doesn't take care of those things?...

Thanks...BCB

I would not run that AV software if it was free. Same with Norton/Synantec. AVG free got to be a memory hog. Avast is a good one, imo, however, they have a talk to home add-on now that is a memory/processor hog, but it can be disabled/removed.

bangerjim
04-12-2014, 07:15 PM
Everybody keeps complaining about Norton being a memory hog. I sure do not see it! Never have.

Of course we are running 32G fast memory in every machine. And 500g SSD's for drive C (win). Win7 Ultimate fully boots from cold in 12 seconds!

Ya gotta stay up-to-date.

banger

MaryB
04-14-2014, 12:43 AM
Install Ad Block Edge to get rid of them, and DO Not Track Me kills tracking cookies

Cmm_3940
04-14-2014, 03:28 AM
Everybody keeps complaining about Norton being a memory hog. I sure do not see it! Never have.

Of course we are running 32G fast memory in every machine. And 500g SSD's for drive C (win). Win7 Ultimate fully boots from cold in 12 seconds!

Ya gotta stay up-to-date.

banger

Yeah, and you need that kind of horsepower to not notice the problems caused by running a turd like Norton. McAfee isn't any better. Not everyone is able to run right out and buy the latest in computer hardware just to safely read email and post on online forums. There are ways to solve problems other than blindly throwing money at them.

Ajax
04-14-2014, 05:22 AM
I run Avast on windows and nothing when i am running linux. I run linux 90% of the time.

Andy

Gussy
04-14-2014, 04:49 PM
Easy, restart your computer in safe mode.

Go to program files and find the "odd one" (sometimes when you put your cursor over the color word a quick flash will tell you the name to look for) and delete it. Or, go down the files last change/update/or modification that is the same as when this started. Delete it. I've had it hit me a couple times and I immediately restart and find what just changed and delete it (might be from yesterday's date).

woodsxdragon
04-15-2014, 11:25 AM
I'm running adblock in chrome and haven't had any of the links pop up

w5pv
04-15-2014, 03:24 PM
On Mozilla,go to unsorted book marks,click on that and delete anything in there.This cleared it up on my puter.