PDA

View Full Version : Big find!!!

rjw1911
04-11-2014, 04:09 PM
Don't know if this is a good thing, or bad thing. The good, Gander Mountain is having a grand opening at their new Fenton MO store. Started yesterday. They have pallets of 22 rimfire ammo. Winchester M-22 in a 2000 rnd plastic ammo can for $139, I think, maybe $129. 800 round bricks (2 X 400 rnd bulk) of the same for $50. Winchester 222/$15,333/$18, 555/$30. Remington Thunderbolt 500/$25. And CCI Minimag 375 bulk in Troy Landry (Swamp People) promo box/$30
The prices aren't necessarily good, but the ammo is there, and lots of it. The sale started yesterday, and although there is a steady flow of customers, they have not run out. Limit one box or each offering per customer.
Sign up, and use their Mastercard, $20 off first purchase. They have a rewards system similar to BPS, and Cabela's so I was going to do that anyway. Works great to bring the prices down on their guns as long as you pay off the balance each month!. Between the points, and gift cards I've even gotten a freebie from BPS!
Now for the bad...Maybe.
With ammogedon still going on, and 22 rimfire ammo still in short supply, how is Gander Mountain able to get such a large supply? Special deal with the manufacturer I assume. But it is it at the loss of supply to other retailers?

Smoke4320
04-11-2014, 04:50 PM
Special deal with the manufacturer I assume. But it is it at the loss of supply to other retailers?
YES>>>>

dbosman
04-11-2014, 07:19 PM
The big box stores make deals with manufacturers for new store openings.
They do divert stock to the new store so the shelves are full for the grand opening, but not at the expense of the lost sales at other stores. The know what they are doing.

dbosman
04-11-2014, 07:20 PM
REgarding the grand opening. If anyone in the neighbor hood needs bags of new brass at Gander Mt.s prices, it will be in stock for the grand opening.

bangerjim
04-12-2014, 12:15 AM
Was in one of the big box hunting stores (NOT Walmart) yesterday and people were in line asking for 22lr's at the gun counter and the clerks would dig down and product a brick for every one that asked. One each.

I have no interest at all in 22lr's but they seem to have pleanty for the taking. Do not know the price as I did not care to buy any. I only shoot what I can cast and reload!

It is out there! You just gotta ask if you want it.

bangerjim

wlc
04-12-2014, 02:17 AM
We had a grand opening for a new Cabela's in Anchorage this week. ALL the WM in the state had tons and tons of 22 last weekend. I imagine it was orders placed in order to take a little wind out of the new competitors sails. "Our" WM had 2400 bricks of rem and win bulk packs. Limit of three per customer. Lasted 7 hours. From what I understand all WM's were sold out of 2000+ bricks each in less than a day. MILLIONS OF ROUNDS. We probably won't see another round for another year or two...

Cabela's had mucho stock on 22 but limited it to one per customer. I didn't go as I was not driving the hour and a half or fighting those crowds in any way shape or form. Said there were over 10K people the first day came through the doors.

monadnock#5
04-12-2014, 08:26 AM
Last year I went to the annual open house at my favorite (in a 25 mile radius) gun shop. This was early in the afternoon. I was told they had a bunch of rimfire that morning, but was sold out by noon.

Now the reason for this I was told, was that the owner personally contacted his various suppliers and gave them some stern incentives to be cooperative. This is the way rimfire is distributed. Squeeky wheel gets the grease, and no wheel gets greased two weeks in a row.

rjw1911
04-12-2014, 11:26 AM
REgarding the grand opening. If anyone in the neighbor hood needs bags of new brass at Gander Mt.s prices, it will be in stock for the grand opening.

Unfortunately not at the Fenton MO grand opening. My one big disappointment in the new store is no reloading supplies. I did ask a representative from GM about it, and he told me because of the lack of components available, they did not want to open a store with partially stocked shelves in a department. He assured me that when things become available (unfortunately when ever that is) they will be having reloading equipment, and supplies.