PDA

View Full Version : TEC-9 mods

NavyVet1959
04-10-2014, 08:23 PM
Back when the Klinton AWB was enacted, I bought a TEC-9 just because I was not going to let some damn leftist tell me what I could or could not own. I figured that at worst, it would be something that would increase in value after it was banned. Plus, since it causes the Leftists to get all bent out of shape, that's one more reason to own it. I have had pretty good luck with it, but I have to wonder if perhaps it could be made a bit more reliable with a hotter load since the bolt seems noticeably heavier than normal handguns. Has anyone tried +P or +P+ in one of these? Did it make it less likely to have a FTE?

FergusonTO35
04-10-2014, 11:18 PM
As you know the Intratec DC-9 was a closed bolt semi auto version of an original open bolt smg. I would imagine the heavy bolt is a carried over smg feature. I'm not sure I would use any kind of hot ammo in this gun, the poly lower receiver is very prone to cracking. Intratec has been out of business for quite awhile and parts just keep getting more expensive.

NavyVet1959
04-10-2014, 11:58 PM
So, I guess the solution to cracking would be to become good friends with a machinist that could machine you a replacement frame? :)

FergusonTO35
04-11-2014, 11:25 PM
Probably so!

dbosman
04-14-2014, 04:46 PM
I had a Tec-9 for a while. It was, at the time, the most accurate squirrel gun I'd ever shot.

NavyVet1959
04-14-2014, 05:04 PM
I had a Tec-9 for a while. It was, at the time, the most accurate squirrel gun I'd ever shot.

I had never considered it for squirrels. Or any 9mm for that matter.