PDA

View Full Version : antique Ideal dipper

Guesser
04-08-2014, 06:34 PM
Never used, in box, with handle, never mounted to dipper shank. Never in the melt. Box label sharp and barely faded.
Got it with some other old Ideal tools, some still in boxes. I'll try to post pics.

Beagle333
04-08-2014, 06:45 PM
As a ladle-only man, I can appreciate a good dipper. Nice find!!! :grin:

bbqncigars
04-09-2014, 01:50 AM
Nice score! That's so pristine that I don't know if I would even use it. I wonder if Lyman has a museum or something that could display that beauty.

Catshooter
04-09-2014, 04:38 AM
Wow not even a ferrule on the handle! That baby is early.

Don't bother Lyman with it. History to them means how much did we make yesterday.

Cat

.22-10-45
04-10-2014, 01:32 AM
The bowl opening looks to be wider than later ones..nice find!

propwashp47
04-10-2014, 02:30 AM
I love the box label. Lyman needs to go to all the old labels for their older items

GP100man
04-13-2014, 11:52 AM
That rite dar is KOOL , I don`t care who ya are !!!

Nice find ! I also enjoy "real vintage tools" !

Thanks for sharing your find Guesser !

GP

Lead
05-04-2014, 09:02 PM
That's pretty awesome.

zidave
05-04-2014, 09:33 PM
That's awesome.

WILCO
05-04-2014, 09:35 PM
As a ladle-only man, I can appreciate a good dipper. Nice find!!! :grin:

Ditto for me!

WILCO
05-04-2014, 09:41 PM
Don't bother Lyman with it. History to them means how much did we make yesterday.

I never understand this type of thinking. It's called capitalism. Lyman is a business. They make money. Plain and simple.
You can vote with your wallet. If not enough folks vote for their products, Lyman will go out of business.

gmsharps
05-05-2014, 12:24 AM
I have an RCBS dipper a lyman and a Rowell. I still have a tendency to go back to my Lyman. Just like the feel.

gmsharps

Catshooter
05-05-2014, 02:21 AM
I never understand this type of thinking. It's called capitalism. Lyman is a business. They make money. Plain and simple.
You can vote with your wallet. If not enough folks vote for their products, Lyman will go out of business.

Wilco,

Although you didn't ask me, I'll answer.

I know they're a business. They have been for a long time. Years and years ago, and for many years they were a business too, but they had their customers, all of them, in mind. Now days they are just like most companies in America. They have fallen victim to the MBA ideas that I hate.

I don't mind them making money. I want them too. I just would like them to have a bit more heart. It's a common failing (theirs and mine).

As an example of what I like is a company called Sherline. The man who started it and has done almost all of their product design work feels that if he designs a new accessory for one of his tools and you have to modify your tool to make this new accessory fit, then he failed in his design.

His factory in California buys material and then they do all their own work. The only thing he farms out is die casting (just a small handful of parts) and painting. They make almost all of their own parts for their lathes and mills.

When you call them, you get a person not a computer answering machine. And the person wants to make you happy. At least in the more than twenty years I've been dealing with them.

There are other companies like this I know. I just would like more. I know, wish in one hand . . . :)

I love cast iron cookware too.

Cat