PDA

View Full Version : XS ghost ring for TE 94

derfarhar333
04-07-2014, 06:46 PM
I'm looking at some peeps for my 68 winchester 94. I like several models for various reasons. I like the Williams FP for its ease of adjustment. However, I like the XS Sights ghost ring because of the front sight. I've Googled and can't find the answer to my question. I've only gotten results for the AE 94s. Does XS make a model for TE 94s that doesn't require modification to the rifle? Is it only elevation adjustable? You guys that have em give me a little insight on em. Wish I could just buy they front sight blade...

Thanks,
Derek

Tatume
04-08-2014, 06:24 AM
XS Sights rear aperture sight is adjustable for elevation and windage.

Go to the XS Sights web page, drill down to the Winchester 94, and you will find they make a sight set for the AE, Trapper, and standard model 94.

http://www.xssights.com/

When you get your sights do not mount the front sight. Use the plastic "try" sight, clip it until the elevation is right at 100 yards, then measure it with calipers. If you need a front sight that is different from the one they sent you, they will exchange it and pay the postage both ways. If you mount the front sight they will charge you for the exchange, as they cannot resell the used sight.

If you have any questions, write to them using their contact information on the web site. You will receive an answer from a fellow (I guess) named Bo. They are really good folks to deal with, and I have numerous XS Sights sight sets, and like them all.

Take care, Tom

pietro
04-08-2014, 10:58 AM

Welcome to the board, Derek !

Since you like the XS White Line front sight blade, I would suggest buying just the front sight from XS, and mount a Williams FP-94 in the receiver side prep holes.

If the Williams' peep aperture is removed, what's left is (Voilla !) a "Ghost Ring"..................... :D

I would think you'll need a front sight approx .10" higher than the issue front sight, in order to zero the rifle @ 100yds.

derfarhar333
04-09-2014, 08:09 AM
Thanks for the replies. Glad to be here pietro! I was curious if you could purchase the front sight only from xs. I plan on shooting them a message and asking how I could go about that. If not I may just get the set. Not for sure just yet.

Tatume
04-09-2014, 11:16 AM
Yes, XS will sell front sights separately. If your purpose if primarily target shooting you will probably do well with a Williams Foolproof, and an XS front sight. Even better would be the Foolproof and a Lyman 17A globe front sight. Either of these arrangements will work for hunting also.

If your primary use for the gun is hunting, the XS Sights sight set is hard to beat. The XS rear sight is fully adjustable, and comes with two apertures (both large, or "ghost" type, but one is smaller than the other). You can request that one of the apertures be exchanged for a threaded aperture that will accept Williams screw-in sight disks too.

derfarhar333
04-09-2014, 11:27 AM
It will primarily be a target fun gun. Now another question... What sight height do I need for the Williams FP? It's a '68 Winchester 94 .30-30.

pietro
04-09-2014, 11:28 AM

FWIW - www.xssights.com has wonderful technical assistance folks, as I found out when I telephoned them.

IMO, the verbal exchange was MUCH more satisfying than email.