PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have issues with Ballisticast filling orders?

dntfxr
04-06-2014, 08:58 PM
I ordered and paid for a 2 cavity Ballisticast #668 mold with handles over 2 years ago. I have spoken with several people on the phone and by email correspondence and had given up and asked for my money back but was assured just a few more weeks it would be done. This back and forth has happened at least 3 times in the last 2 years and still no mold, nothing! To say I'm disappointed is an understatement. At this point I don't think I'll ever see my mold or my money refunded. My last email was never responded to. I hate the idea of bashing a company as I'm self employed and never do such a thing, I just hate to see anyone else waste their hard earned money and get nothing. I should have got in on another group buy or the Mihec that I missed out on. :cry: :-(

Changeling
04-07-2014, 03:39 PM
I ordered and paid for a 2 cavity Ballisticast #668 mold with handles over 2 years ago. I have spoken with several people on the phone and by email correspondence and had given up and asked for my money back but was assured just a few more weeks it would be done. This back and forth has happened at least 3 times in the last 2 years and still no mold, nothing! To say I'm disappointed is an understatement. At this point I don't think I'll ever see my mold or my money refunded. My last email was never responded to. I hate the idea of bashing a company as I'm self employed and never do such a thing, I just hate to see anyone else waste their hard earned money and get nothing. I should have got in on another group buy or the Mihec that I missed out on. :cry: :-(

I just can't believe you are that forgiving, (2 years)! Did you pay them already? You reaching them on the phone evidently to no avail?
If answers are "Yes", I would contact the administrator of this web site! He will have more pull than you. If he gets the same response as you. He can BLOCK there advertising to avoid furthere damage to members.

2 years, UNBELIEVEABLE! if true! I just find it difficult to believe a company would be so rediculious in giving you some positive feedback if they wish to stay in business.

dntfxr
04-07-2014, 05:34 PM
It's been 2 long years unfortunately. I spoke with two different gentleman, one was Mr Bill Sand, can't remember the other. Honestly they are always very nice when I talk to them and apologetic for it not being there on time. Apparently they are a machine shop with other ventures besides bullet molds and it always will be in two weeks we will be tooled up for it. Honestly the last email I sent I asked for my money back and voiced my displeasure and haven't heard anything back. That was about 2 months back. I'll try to call again and see if I can get some resolution. I'll keep you all updated.

Buffalo Arms Co
04-07-2014, 05:44 PM
In the future, you might want to consider the fact that five of the last six NRA Creedmoor (1,000 yard) National Championships has been won by a shooter using a Buffalo Arms Company mould.

http://www.buffaloarms.com/Buffalo_arms_Bullet_moulds_pr-3853.aspx

Just Duke
04-07-2014, 05:47 PM
In the future, you might want to consider the fact that five of the last six NRA Creedmoor (1,000 yard) National Championships has been won by a shooter using a Buffalo Arms Company mould.

I had one and it was really nice.

Buffalo Arms Co
04-07-2014, 05:52 PM
Thanks Duke! Jim is running about five weeks to make one at the moment. I can't believe how many he's making for New Zealanders, South Africans and Germans. Safe to say the word is out.

dntfxr
04-07-2014, 06:10 PM
Thanks for the suggestions guys. What I really wanted was a heavier version of the HG68. Ballisticast had several heavier versions in their catalog, I'd have been happy with any of them really, .451 or bigger. Still would be happy if I can get my hands on it. I placed a call and left a voice message. I'll update. Kinda feel bad airing dirty laundry like this..

Edited to add: I was wrong it hasn't been 2 whole years, closer to 1.5 years waiting. Still no straight answer though

dntfxr
04-08-2014, 05:58 PM
Alright I got a call back, and it is shipping today! Yahoooo!! He said they cast bullets with it and they are perfect! Honestly I couldn't be happier, I believe it will be well worth the wait! It will be a 239g bevel base hg68, can't wait! Mods I'm really ok with you deleting this thread, Or changing the thread title, I think Balisticast has come through for me. :)

376Steyr
04-08-2014, 06:18 PM
Before you get too happy, wait for the package to actually arrive and check the mould out and cast a few with it. The previous management ran the company into the ground, and the new management has a very deep hole to climb out of. Let us know how this turns out.

dntfxr
04-08-2014, 06:41 PM
Will do, I'll keep everyone updated. Didn't realize there were issues, thought I just slipped through the cracks. :/

waksupi
04-08-2014, 07:09 PM

Is that you, Dave?

J..
04-08-2014, 09:01 PM
I just got a refund last month after ordering a mould back in spring of 2013. I was told that it was always just a matter of a few weeks away. Finally had the mould made elsewhere and asked for a refund. Took a couple months after that to get the refund. I think NOE has spoiled me...Swede is my go-to guy now when I need a mould.

dntfxr
04-10-2014, 08:27 PM
Well guess what came in today! Yup finally got it. I gotta say, I really like it. Everything fits together very nice, it's a high quality mold. Didn't have time to cast any of my own this evening but they cast some and included them with the mold. They're right at 230g, .705 long, and right at .453-4535 as I asked. Should be about perfect sized to .452 for my pistol. These samples do have a few dings from shipping but they look nice. We'll see how they shoot soon! :)
Only knock, it's a small one is there is some light surface rust on the handles. Should disappear after a good casting session.
It has been a long wait but I'm liking what I see. How cool is a 230g 68! Should be a heavy hitter! :D

I'll post pics if I can figure out how to do it from my iPhone.

dntfxr
04-10-2014, 10:53 PM
Having trouble getting the pics to upload from th cpu too. My earlier post said 239g but I forgot I had changed it to the 230g instead, I kept going back and forth between the two and finally decided on this one.

dntfxr
04-11-2014, 12:47 AM
Had to resize the pics, finally got it.