PDA

View Full Version : Webley gunsmith recommendation?

kencha
04-06-2014, 06:40 AM
Does anyone have a recommendation for a good Webley 'smith?

I have an unshaved Mark VI that has a really chewed up ratchet on the extractor. I've been looking around for a replacement for some time now, but have come up empty handed.

So, I suspect if I ever want it done properly, it will have to be welded up and re-machined.

Any suggestions for a smith, or a source for a replacement extractor? (I've periodically checked with Numrich, Apex, Sarco, Springfield Sporters, a couple locals, and have ongoing active searches on gunbroker and ebay.)

Outpost75
04-06-2014, 09:56 AM
What part of the country are you in? Ask John Taylor who is a regular on this forum.

kencha
04-06-2014, 01:03 PM
Nebraska (just added to bio).

Thanks. I'll contact him.

MtGun44
04-07-2014, 01:00 AM
Just a suggestion - I know that "NE" is the correct, valid and proper abbreviation (defined by
the esteemed USPS) for Nebraska. . . . . . but I wonder how many will think you live somewhere
in the Northeast?
I live in Kansas and would be horrified for anyone to think I lived in the Northeast. ;-)

Bill

kencha
04-07-2014, 02:10 AM
Well, yeah. I've seen that before.

But there's also the possibility that if someone (from the USA, anyway) doesn't know that NE is Nebraska, I may not care what they think--about where I live or anything else for that matter. ;-)