PDA

View Full Version : 9 mm lee 125 gr lrn question

skykingjohn
04-05-2014, 10:49 PM
I am getting ready to load some lee mold 125 gr lrn 9 mm( cww water dropped) and with no good load data in my books i have after a bunch of research come up with this load 2.8 gr titegroup for a 930 fps round has anyone tryed this one and had good luck with it ?

tazman
04-06-2014, 08:22 AM
http://www.hodgdonreloading.com/
The above link will give you loading data for the 9mm using Hodgdon, Winchester, and IMR powders. You can select the bullet weight and powder combination you wish or just select everything.
Look in particular at the 125LCN loading as that matches your bullet perfectly.
If you are interested in other manufacturers powder data, go to their web site. They provide data for 9mm using many of their powders. Or google powder data for the manufacturer name. That will take you to the data page.
As always, start low and work your way up to an accurate, functioning load.
I use that bullet in my 9mm with excellent results but usually with different powders.

blackpowder man
04-06-2014, 10:35 AM
Like tazman said there should be a lot of data available for that combination. 124 grain jacketed is a very common combination for the 9mm and it can be interchanged, BUT seating depth is very important to keeping pressures safe in little cartridges. Once you make a dummy cartridge and know how deep you are seating your boolit you can determine if you should start lower than the published jacketed bullet data and work your way up. Good luck, that boolit shoots good in my 9's.

skykingjohn
04-06-2014, 11:06 AM
that is were i came up with this load from the titegroup web site but was hoping that someone had loaded it first

HeavyMetal
04-06-2014, 11:26 AM
I have not loaded Titegroup but have used this boolit exclusively in my 9mm for yrs.

As already mentioned any load for a 124 / 125 rn bullet or boolit can be interchanged with the usually precaution to use start loads or reduce 10% and work up from there.

Sized .356 lubed with Carnuba Red I have pushed the Lee RNL to an average of 1450 FPS in my Taurus PT 99 with 6 inch Bar sto Barrel with no leading what so ever!

Play with the Lee and you'll be very impressed with it, I was to the point I bought Two 6 cavity molds to cast this with.

Larry Gibson
04-06-2014, 11:58 AM
4 gr of Bullseye.

Larry Gibson

tazman
04-06-2014, 12:27 PM
2.8 grains of titegroup is well below the listed starting load. The site suggests starting with 3.6 grains and working your way up to 4.0. Notice there is a very narrow window for use for this powder/cartridge combination.
This means your measurements must be accurate and consistent. It would be easy to get an overcharge or overpressure situation.
As long as you are careful and increase powder weight slowly you should be ok. Pay attention to what your pistol is telling you with feel, accuracy, and chronograph results.

skykingjohn
04-06-2014, 06:47 PM
i did some loading with unique and bulleyes might just stay with them

skykingjohn
04-07-2014, 09:30 PM
after all the input i think that i wil go 3.5 gr tite group at 1.09 and work up just a bit lighter than a 125 gr jacketed