PDA

View Full Version : How do I bypass this piece of junk regulator

fastfire
04-05-2014, 04:15 PM
Tried taking it to a propane place that can make hoses and such but the threads on the safty regulato must be metric. Know of any quick fixes?101480

Cmm_3940
04-05-2014, 04:52 PM
Are you sure it's the regulator? I replaced one once when I didn't need to. Those new propane tanks have an internal safety gizmo in them, if propane starts coming put too fast, the safety valve shuts off. Sometimes they get stuck. Try shutting off the tank, shaking/bouncing it a bit, and then open the valve 1/4 to 1/3 turn only, see if it starts working.

fastfire
04-05-2014, 05:05 PM
It's the safety thing after the regulator. Originally it would run for about 15 min then the button would have to be pressed and lighted again but it finally stuck in the down position and has worked good for the last 4 months ok. Now nothing works. The threads where the hose hooks to the burner are metric so I may have to get a burner and regulator made in the USA.

375RUGER
04-05-2014, 08:03 PM
Take it off and use just the requlator. I would imagine if it all came together, all the threads are metric.

fastfire
04-05-2014, 08:47 PM
The threads on the in side of the safety part of the regulator are not metric but the out side and the burner are metric. Where can I buy an American made burner without the frame work?

lancem
04-05-2014, 09:06 PM
Open up the part with the button, there are two wires coming from a valve to the button. Take the wires off of the button and twist them together and it should work, that is what I had to do to mine.

farmerjim
04-05-2014, 09:10 PM
http://www.agrisupply.com/
I bought new regulators and hoses from these people.

fastfire
04-05-2014, 10:04 PM
Lancem, I'll give that a try, thanks

Open up the part with the button, there are two wires coming from a valve to the button. Take the wires off of the button and twist them together and it should work, that is what I had to do to mine.