PDA

View Full Version : S&W M&P C Question

Johnch
04-04-2014, 06:41 PM
OK my GF's little girl is 22 and she wanted a CCW and plinking pistol
So I took her shopping and she liked the feel and size of a M&P C 9 mm

So now she has a pistol to get her CCW with
It shoots well

My cast loads group nice , as dose the Remington 124 gr Golden Saber ( not +P) ammo she got to carry and some Winchester White box FMJ

Only question
My reloads eject 100% and all land 10 - 15' away in a nice pile
The Remington Golden Saber and Winchester White box FMJ are also eject 100%
But the Winchester ammo lands 25 - 30 feet away and the Remington Golden Saber brass ........is somewhere in the next zip code ( Well past 30')

My question is it normal for the M&P C to launch brass like this ?
I know she only has shot a few boxs of my reloads , 2 boxs of the Winchester White Box FMJ and a 12 of the Golden Saber rounds
But this evening she shot with me
And the brass from the factory ammo still seems to be flying out there the same as when she started

I just don't want her to have a problem later
As I have not debugged any of the new S&W pistols

John

Rick Hodges
04-04-2014, 08:09 PM
Haha, I have a M&P Shield 40 and it flings brass all over the place. Different ammo goes different places even similar loads working up powder charges go different places. When my brother and I shoot we put down a 12 x20' blue plastic tarp and it wont begin to hold them. (We both shoot two different models of 380's and they do the same thing.) I think it is just the nature of the beast.

Love Life
04-04-2014, 08:19 PM
When doing load work up, consistent ejection is one of the parameters in choosing a load for me.

osteodoc08
04-05-2014, 11:27 AM
As long as it's 100%, I wouldn't worry too much about factory ammo. Sounds like your reloads are doing well.