PDA

View Full Version : Lyman Aluminum handles?

msp2640
04-03-2014, 12:13 PM
I was going through some boxes today and found a few sets of handles, that I had long forgotten about, with some round ball moulds that haven't seen the light of day in a good while. One of the sets of handles were for one of their 2 Cavity moulds, but are made of Aluminum(?) - I haven't seen another set of these before. They look Lyman factory made - are these something ultra rare, vintage, museum worthy - or were they a bad idea that got scrapped? Just wondering - Thanks Bill in MA

labradigger1
04-03-2014, 01:15 PM
I have a few pair of them, lyman called them lightweight handles. I like them on heavy moulds

beagle
04-03-2014, 07:18 PM
They were around for a while. I had a couple years ago. Lyman also made a set of handles that was out of blued, stamped thin stock maybe 1/8 to 3/16". Rube Goldberg looking things but they worked. Mine came with one of their Ammunition Maker kits and a SC 311291./beagle

msp2640
04-05-2014, 09:24 PM
Thanks for the info, haven't seen them referenced before, hope to try them out soon - Thanks Bill

Green Frog
04-08-2014, 10:31 AM
I picked up a couple of pairs of aluminum handles that are dimensionally the same as the small, single cavity handles that Lyman made but that have a raised sort of scroll pattern that seems to have been part of the casting. I don't know where they came from or who made them, but they are very comfortable to use and I would buy more if I could find them. :???:

Froggie