PDA

View Full Version : Two Prayer Requests

Gibbs44
04-02-2014, 06:24 PM
Folks, I come to you today to ask for your prayers.

First is for Dad. He's got some things going on, physical and spiritual.

The physical: He's been diagnosed with moderate dementia. Which, I don't know how to take it myself. He's still Dad, just he's got some memory problems and he's got the shakes in one hand and shuffles. He's 73 so I'm sure a little is to be expected.The doctors have said that it is one specific type of dementia caused by a little fluid at the base of the brain, which they can draw out and remedy some of the problem. I've heard that he's going to have the procedure done after he talks to his neurologist. So I ask for your prayers that this whole thing goes well.

The spiritual: An old friend of ours died this past weekend. He was great friends with her, she was like a grandma to me.She'd been in the nursing home for several years, dad fought like heck to keep her out of there. She got in there and went south quick, her mind and body. I'm not sure how she held on this long, but I know Dad's hurting. For me, hey she isn't in that bed anymore, on whatever kind of drugs they put folks on to keep them quiet (I realize this isn't always the case, but...) Anyway, please pray that he can find peace with the situation, knowing he did all he could.

Next is for my buddy David who used to live across the road.

I know some will remember he moved to Oregon to be with family. I guess everything is going pretty well over there, he had some pretty bad home sickness for the first month, but he's seemed to settle in pretty well. Well here lately he's been sick a fair bit, but had gotten better pretty easily. This past weekend though he fell down the steps and roughed up his noggin pretty good. His specific type of injury, this is not good. He immediately went into seizures and went to the hospital. Usually once they get the seizures calmed down he can go home. I haven't heard from him today so this may have changed, but as of last night he'd been getting real dizzy when he stood up, so of course he needs to stay until they get him well. So I ask for your prayers that he gets well and is able to go home.

Thanks guys,

Sully

w5pv
04-02-2014, 06:28 PM
Prayers for a speedy and complete recovery

buckwheatpaul
04-02-2014, 07:29 PM
May God wrap his loving arms around your dad and heal him physically and spiritually......
May God hold David in the palm of His hands and heal him as he heals your father......Amen

Riverpigusmc
04-02-2014, 08:48 PM
Prayers sent, and hope the procedure helps

Bzcraig
04-02-2014, 10:59 PM
Lots of stuff going on.....prayer for the peace that surpasses all understanding as The Lord works all this out.

Old School Big Bore
04-02-2014, 11:33 PM
Praying for healing and cor strength to handle the stress yourself as well.

missionary5155
04-03-2014, 06:12 AM
Good morning
Will be praying for your dad and Dave. May God undertake the needs and these two be strengthened and healed.
Mike in Peru

DLCTEX
04-03-2014, 06:30 AM
Sully, prayers sent for your dad and David.

Charlie Two Tracks
04-06-2014, 08:27 AM
Prayers said for your Dad and friend.