PDA

View Full Version : Boolits and BBQ

Shiloh
03-30-2014, 09:07 PM
Darn near 60 today. Smoked some ribs and cast up 400 LEE 140 gr. SWC. This gonna shoot the ones I loaded up last week.

Shiloh

Jailer
03-30-2014, 10:49 PM
Upper 40's here today, nicest day we've had since mid November. Decided to go to the range to sight in a new rifle. So did everyone else, not an open bench in sight. Turned right back around and came back home.

Was going to do a meatloaf on the grill but runnin low on propane. I'll fix both these problems after work tomorrow. :wink:

MaryB
03-31-2014, 02:20 AM
Smoked a big T-bone at 450 in my Traeger pellet pit, got the smelting stuff out of storage so I can get a block of lead melted down to ingots. Ran out of energy though and didn't get that done.

captaint
03-31-2014, 07:10 AM
Feels great to get out and pour up some boolits after winter, doesn't it ?? I'm still waiting for a little nicer temps to get out. I have a lengthy list of boolits that I need to re stock for the summer.
Enjoyable, though. Mike

Wayne Smith
03-31-2014, 07:58 AM
I got a rack of ribs (actually 3) out of the freezer and then they changed the forecast Friday morning from 'scattered showers' on Sat. to "one to two inches of rain Sat. afternoon". Unfortunately the ribs ended up in the slow cooker. Tasted good, though. That is not based on what was said, but the fact that six of us ate almost all of them in one sitting.

Shiloh
03-31-2014, 08:28 AM
Feels great to get out and pour up some boolits after winter, doesn't it ??

Yes it does!!!
The ribs weren't so bad either. ;) Shooting next weekend. Gonna go early. I'll have a lane and bench and be done and gone when the latesters show up.

Shiloh

dondiego
03-31-2014, 10:04 AM
We did country ribs on the grill and had a bonfire to help clean up some of the limbs and Christmas trees and other debris from the winter. Best weather all year so far! Gonna shoot some cap and ball today too.