PDA

View Full Version : gun show loot

mike in co
12-29-2007, 11:11 PM
i'm working a gun show in denver this weekend, and some how a beretta 21( 25 cal) blowback semi auto followed me home.............awww...the price was right....now what does one do with a 25 cal ???..........lol

mike in co
THE COLORADO BRASS COMPANY

obssd1958
12-29-2007, 11:33 PM
Shot placement...:-D:Fire:

anachronism
12-29-2007, 11:54 PM
How about a big bore mouse hunt? I'd probably restrict it to head shots only. sometimes they charge when wounded.

beemer
12-30-2007, 12:07 AM
I have carried a Beretta 25 for 20 years. A small 22 revolver was tried first but after about a week in a sweaty hip pocket the ammo wouldn't fire properly. I don't trust a small 22 auto because the rim on a 22 causes feeding problems and ammo quality is not as good as centerfire. I have never had problems with 25 auto ammo. If you ever need it you need it bad and it needs to work, that is were I believe a 25 has an edge over a 22. I understand that it is a weak round but I can have it when I can't have anything else. It sure beats yelling stop or I'll yell stop again.
beemer

Poygan
12-30-2007, 01:35 PM
Mike,
What does one do with a .25? I cast for and reload the .25. I have a Beretta Jetfire and it is very reliable and surprisingly accurate for such a tiny pistol. Eight in the mag and one in the barrel is also a plus. I have even heard that folks have found that a pistol this size fits nicely in a jacket on extended motorcycle trips where a .44 might be a bit bulky.

9.3X62AL
12-30-2007, 03:26 PM
Mike--it's a quality gun in a mild chambering--a description that fits every decent 22 revolver ever made. As said above, its principal advantage over the 22 LR is its feed reliability. If handloads could be cobbled up, it likely would be as cheap as a 22 LR to fire with cast boolits. Like most of the pocket blowback calibers, I imagine the 25 ACP is downloaded from its full potential out of deference to the many junky pot-metal pistols out there in this caliber. If the Beretta is anything like my Walther TPH, its sights are its biggest handicap--closely followed by its modest power.

We collectively chortle at the 25 ACP, but it was developed by John Browning--and he isn't known for designing losers.

mike in co
12-31-2007, 12:58 AM
when does one carry a 25 auto......when one cannot handle the recoil of a 22 lr.......lol

ok spent the eve thinking about my current situtation and took the gun back to the gun show and put a price on it. sold it for just shy of $200. (no laughing..i traded three boxes of 357 sig ammo for the gun...lets say a nice deal) that would be $200 torwards my lathe tooling budget. if it had not sold the followup plan was to use it as a trade for a 22 semi auto pistol...can you believe i own over 60 guns and not one 22 pistol?

i plan on being able to chamber bbls very shortly, so need to add some stuff to the lathe and tooling and very little of what i need is inexpensive.

mike

Bret4207
12-31-2007, 10:18 AM
Jeeze Mike, I had one of those for a few years. Nothing wrong with it. Dead reliable, small, light, just as effective as a 22 with Speer Gold Dots. Just grew out of it. You would have had fun with Blazer ammo.

Catshooter
12-31-2007, 10:42 PM
Mike,

I intend to do a small group buy for a .25 ACP for a semi-wadcutter Keith-type boolit. I've always liked the .25, esp for small game work. I'd really like a S&W in the caliber. I'm seriously considering converting a Remington .22 to the .25 for garden pest work. I think that'd be fun to work with.

Let me know know if you want in.

Cat

Crash_Corrigan
12-31-2007, 11:56 PM
The widow lady down the block heard that I was a retired cop and confessed that she was terrified about the gun her departed hubby had left in the night stand.

All she wanted was it out of the house. Please get rid of it!

Who am I to deny a simple request like that?

It came with a box of ammo. It also was a Beretta. Kinda compact and deadly looking. Shot pretty good at 30 feet. Sights are kinda dicey but as it is a last ditch belly gun I know I could use it if needed.

I got 4 inch groups at 30 feet but I did not really want to mess with it as the round is really a mouse gun. My wife did not like a 9MM but does like her 380 LLama Mini-Max (kinda of a shrunken .45) and shoots it very well.

I shoulda kept it for a thrown down but I sold it to a moose sized guy from North Carolina via Auction Arms for $225 and bought a Ruger Mark III .22 LR Auto.

That Ruger is a fine weapon and it is cheap and fun to shoot and I would rather have that in a tight spot than the .25 ACP.