PDA

View Full Version : Fast service from Lyman!!!

Mk42gunner
03-29-2014, 08:49 PM
After reading about Lyman's more often than not poor service, I had to post this.

About 11:00 PM on March 26th, I ordered a lube piston and reservoir cover for a 450 from Lyman's website. I received them in the mail today. That means they got the order filled and in the mail on Thursday.

I realize I didn't actually talk to anyone, but this is still awful fast service for parts that didn't make them a lot of money.

Maybe next time I will really tempt fate and actually call the service dept....

Robert

Walter Laich
03-30-2014, 01:42 PM
I think any simple order of parts goes a lot better and faster than if you have to talk to folks--talking about all companies here.
The website are set up for these kind of orders.
good luck on CS and let us know how that works out--not sarcasm--really want to know

LAH
03-30-2014, 02:39 PM
Guess I'm the odd ball here but I've never had a problem with Lyman CS.

beagle
04-03-2014, 11:01 PM
Only problem I have ever had with Lyman was once I got a young lady that didn't know a lubricator/sizer from a potato masher. I was trying to find some of the O-rings for sizer dies. She finally located them. Shipping has always been fast for me. Maybe that was a one time only deal on the O-rings and it was years ago before we figured out that Ace Hardware carried them./beagle

doc1876
04-14-2014, 01:05 PM
I have a pre-owned decapper, and the center pin for decapping broke....I called Lyman, and within two days it was im my mailbox, there again no charge. I did talk to a fellow, and he seemed to have an idea of what we were talking about, but did have to look it up to make sure.