PDA

View Full Version : Would You Like To See A "Growin' Things" Gardening Sub Forum?? Here's How..

DougGuy
03-26-2014, 09:33 AM
Everyone who would like to see a "Growin' Things" sub forum, please take a moment and PM Trey45 in support of this request.

Here is a link to send a PM: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=9193

There are enough of us on here that grow things in containers, raised beds, enclosed gardens, it is a great hobby that most are eager to share their knowledge, photos, tips and tricks with those of us who are just getting started, wanting to learn, been doing it a while, so we need a place for this and I don't mean in the Cookin' Recipe's forum.

We could have a seed exchange, a place to trade live clippings, fertilizer/compost/emulsion formulas, etc..

It may not take off like gangbusters, but if we get over the hill and turn in enough requests for it, we can at least get a Growin' Things board started. After that, people will see it and it will get more posts and users but we got to get it started first.

Hi Trey,

In lieu of having gardening threads mixed in with the Cookin' Recipe's threads about cooking and recipes, do you think we may benefit from a new sub forum in Our Town called Growin' Things - a place to discuss gardening, planting and growing things?

There are a few on our forum that would certainly join in, myself included, with pics of their gardens, beds, pots, and crops. I would contribute a thread on raised bed gardening with lots of pics and I am sure others would appreciate seeing photo tutorials and essays on how to do things in the garden.

Your consideration is mucho appreciated, thanks!

Doug

Doug,

I have lobbied in the past for this exact same sub forum and was told there wasn't enough interest on the board. I have brought this PM to the attenton of the powers that be for reconsideration. If you know others who would benefit from this new sub forum please have them send me a PM and I will bring their message to the attention of those same powers. With a loud enough voice they might hear us this time!

2thepoint
03-26-2014, 11:47 PM
Doug,
a real good idea.....I pm'd Trey.

Changeling
03-28-2014, 04:23 PM
I think that would be a really Cool thing to get going. Seeds of really great plants are at rediculious prices these days for what one could Send/Get in a common envelope! Plus the added bonus of plants that are not carried by the major seed growers because they are not NEW hybridised versions of what one has enjoyed all there lives.
I'm all for it. GREAT idea.:grin:

NVScouter
03-28-2014, 10:06 PM
No it makes us black thumbs feel bad

davidheart
04-08-2014, 10:09 PM
PM Sent. I think it would be nice. We have a chapel, recipes, outdoors, hunting, firearms, helping, pay it forward, vendors, politics debate, humor, off topic and several nooks and crannies I've yet to visit. Why not? I have a garden and orchard and I think it would be nice. :)

davidheart
04-08-2014, 10:12 PM
I think that would be a really Cool thing to get going. Seeds of really great plants are at rediculious prices these days for what one could Send/Get in a common envelope! Plus the added bonus of plants that are not carried by the major seed growers because they are not NEW hybridised versions of what one has enjoyed all there lives.
I'm all for it. GREAT idea.:grin:

Sorry for the double post but BOOM! SEED EXCHANGE! I've got a few! :D :D Anybody for Burmese Okra, White Half Runner, North Georgia Candy Roaster, Christmas Lima's, Seminole Pumpkin, Cushaw Squash, etc? I think it'd be great to be able to trade seeds with each other. :drinks:

Reg
04-09-2014, 10:48 AM
PM sent. Great idea

gwpercle
04-10-2014, 12:54 PM
PM sent. Have half of garden planted, as soon as it stops raining will put in the other half.
Got three variety of tomatoes and two variety eggplant in the ground . Jalapeno, gypsey and giant bell peppers along with pickleing cucumbers are waiting to go. It has cleared up, still cool but sun is shining...yeah! When it gets warmer the okra will be planted. I love spring! No squash!
Gary

Changeling
04-13-2014, 02:04 PM
PM sent 4/13/2014. It contained my beliefs of the addition of a new Seed/Grow forum and the benefit to the existing Boolits web site.