PDA

View Full Version : Star Reloaders Forum

Roundnoser
03-25-2014, 11:08 PM
Anyone else having problems with this? I keep getting a 404 error message page.

Roundnoser
03-26-2014, 08:44 AM
Would someone mind navigating the Star forum and let me know if they are getting the same 404 error page? Thanks

sparky45
03-26-2014, 08:54 AM
If you're talking about Star reloading forum it works fine for me.

ReloaderFred
03-26-2014, 10:23 AM
Is this it, Jon: http://www.starreloaders.com/forum/index.php

If so, it worked fine this morning.

Hope this helps.

Fred

Roundnoser
03-26-2014, 03:45 PM
Thanks for the input. I think it is my FireFox web browser. I tried the forum address using Google Chrome, and it worked fine. Despite all the good stuff I can do on computers they can sometimes give me the galloping trots!:shock:

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
03-26-2014, 07:02 PM
I'm having a switch in problem browsers. My google chrome back button doesn't work and it keeps horking up so I can't sound in google chrome. On the other hand, my Firefox works with both, but is slower than the google chrome. I did use it to confirm my sound problem was google chrome. Another odd thing is that after using Firefox, the google chrome sound went back to working.

Jeesh, I hate buggy software. You'd think this far down the road, they would be able to get these browsers working right.

American57
05-28-2018, 01:56 PM
Trying to get some help on a Universal press. It does not align correctly and I have to hand adjust every case to get it to deprime and size

jsizemore
05-28-2018, 02:34 PM
Is your misalignment in and out or left and right? Is it at every station?

American57
05-28-2018, 05:02 PM
Good question. It’s out on the right side. Goes past a little too much and won’t align squarely with the die. NOT sure about the other stations yet as I was just trying to configure one thing at a time. I am beginning to think I have the only Star in Oregon. Would help if I had hands on with someone to sit down and sort it out. Limited aid on YouTube.

jsizemore
05-28-2018, 06:38 PM
If the reloader is empty, and it will operate fully all the way up and down then the alignment with the base, shellplate and toolhead is correct. The tapered bottom sheelplate dowel pin to the left of where you add an empty case assures that alignment. If that pin strikes the top of the shellplate then the shellplate is too high or the ball detent is too low around back by the seating/crimping station. You can only adjust the height of the shellplate with shellplate thrust nut. If the operating lever is down and shellplate dowel pin has aligned everything and the case won't enter the sizing die then you have the wrong shellplate. Here's a diagram:

http://pdf.textfiles.com/manuals/FIREARMS/star_reloader_lubricator_resizer_partsom.pdf

American57
05-29-2018, 02:58 AM
Ya know, it helps to install the shell plate right side up! Makes a wee bit o difference! Do’h! Got that part sorted anyway.....Lordy,

jsizemore
05-29-2018, 12:28 PM
Now all you need is a powder drain.

Green Frog
05-29-2018, 03:05 PM
Now all you need is a powder drain.

+1 to that... there are several aftermarket additions that are actually helpful to using the Star, this one, along with a good case feeder are just about indispensable. You can do without them, but why would you want to?

Froggie