PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Dimensions of a 71/84 Mauser Magazine tube follower

johnly
03-25-2014, 02:09 PM
Picked up a 71/84 Mauser a while back and just figured out that the magazine tube follower was a bubba job that has since failed. Gun Parts is out of stock of this part, so I'll just machine one myself. I don't have drawings or even a good picture, so I need some help. The first person to provide me with a drawings of the part will also receive a part mailed to you in return for your time and effort.

John

Mk42gunner
03-25-2014, 11:22 PM
I don't have one, but my idea is to scale one up or down from a lever action or a shotgun.

Most of the tube magazine followers I have seen were a simple cup the spring fits into, with plenty of clearance between cup and tube. The more complicated ones have a bump the size of a dried pea in the center.

Hope this helps,

Robert

salpal48
04-01-2014, 03:29 PM
At one time HUNTERS LODGE had 11mm mausers for sale and i purchased a couple . They also had parts they did not advertise in the shot gun news. I purchased original slings and cleaning rods for m1871. it might be worth giving them a call. . they still run ads in the shotgun news . They have a lot of stuff.
Picked up a 71/84 Mauser a while back and just figured out that the magazine tube follower was a bubba job that has since failed. Gun Parts is out of stock of this part, so I'll just machine one myself. I don't have drawings or even a good picture, so I need some help. The first person to provide me with a drawings of the part will also receive a part mailed to you in return for your time and effort.

John

enfield
04-01-2014, 05:28 PM
OK I feel guilty for not pulling my 71/84 apart earlier, I have the follower in my hand , its .590 in diameter, .730 overall length hollow where the spring goes is about .263 deep and it is about .030 thick where the spring goes ( so about a .530" hole where the spring goes in ) the button part that would push against the cartridge is .450 in diameter and .150 long. and there is a bevelled out section ( although it serves no real purpose ) that is .285" from the end where the spring goes and is about .200" wide and .040' deep. I can try to take a picture or draw it and post again.

enfield
04-01-2014, 05:41 PM
101135101136 I think I got these pictures correct,

enfield
04-01-2014, 05:43 PM
HA Ha it worked , next thing you know I will figure out how to use my cell phone !

enfield
04-03-2014, 05:06 PM
just wanted to make sure you get the info since I waited so long to post it