PDA

View Full Version : katahdin front sight to low

canuck4570
12-28-2007, 02:34 PM
at the range I shot my katahdin in 500 sw.... and wit reduce load I shoot about 3 feet high at 100 yards even with the back peep sight all the way down..... with full load I am still about 5 inches high ..... my question his is there a front sight high anough so I could bring down that group.....and who make it.....

Scrounger
12-28-2007, 02:48 PM
Before you get too creative, how long have you been shooting that big monster? A long time ago I started shooting the .45 auto, had the same problem you have. The more I shot, the lower the impact point became. The gun was rising in recoil because my wrist and hand weren't strong enough to hold them. As they became stronger, I was able to do a better job of holding it on target. I suggest you keep shooting it and wait a couple of months before you start messing with the gun.

canuck4570
12-31-2007, 01:01 PM
Before you get too creative, how long have you been shooting that big monster? A long time ago I started shooting the .45 auto, had the same problem you have. The more I shot, the lower the impact point became. The gun was rising in recoil because my wrist and hand weren't strong enough to hold them. As they became stronger, I was able to do a better job of holding it on target. I suggest you keep shooting it and wait a couple of months before you start messing with the gun.
not very long but have a lot of experience with my ruger 4570 and the barrel time issue... but it never shot 3 feet higher..... will wait has you suggest and see because this katahdin is very light.... but let me tel you it is very accurate.... shooting a RCBS 400 gr cast bullet and at 1600 fps it shoots almost on mark at 100 hundred yars but the peep sight is all the way down and at 1200 fps well you know 3 feet high.....