PDA

View Full Version : Pocket pistol?

hiram
03-23-2014, 02:01 PM
I am tossing between buying a Ruger LCRX or a S&W Bodyguard 380.

Would you consider the Ruger a pocket gun?

fecmech
03-23-2014, 02:04 PM
Would you consider the Ruger a pocket gun?
I would not. The LCP OTOH along with the Keltec P3AT are definitely pocket guns.

imashooter2
03-23-2014, 02:12 PM
I pocket carry a J frame, so yes.

ETA: If I were a slim lad that wore tight jeans, then pocket carry of a revolver wouldn't be real practical. But your avatar picture leads me to believe that you are a man of some substance, as am I.

Artful
03-23-2014, 02:22 PM
Hiram it all depends upon which pocket you want to use :bigsmyl2:

http://www.highwayleather.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/1/1/11633-pistol-pete-front.jpg

http://www.mouseguns.com/PocketAutoComparison.pdf
or
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B22wLsyYEkTOMDU4MjJlNTktOTRlZi00NTJkLWE0MGMtZmEwN GFlMWE3ZDlm/edit?hl=en_US

S&W Bodyguard .380 ACP
Frame: Polymer
MSRP: $575
Operation : DAO, Slide Catch,
Manual Safety, Integrated Laser
Capacity: 6 +1
Barrel/Overall Length: 2.75/5.18”
Height: 3.77”
Width: 0.85”
Weight Empty: 12.35 oz.
Weight Fully Loaded: 15 oz

Ruger LCR
Length: 6.50"
Barrel Length: 1.875"
Height: 4.50"
Cylinder Finish: Ionbond Diamondblack™
Rear Sight: U-Notch Integral
weight depending upon model from 13 to 16.6 oz

the other thing is revolvers are going to bulge more than slim semi-auto designs.

buckwheatpaul
03-23-2014, 02:24 PM
I use s & w stainless model 60 with a speed strip w/5 extra rounds...like the Gold Dot small barrel ammunition...low report and flash....work great......

hiram
03-23-2014, 06:18 PM
Substantially, I am a man of substance.

Clay M
03-23-2014, 07:18 PM
I have carried a model 342 S&W for years. It is an airweight hammerless .38 special

historicfirearms
03-23-2014, 07:44 PM
I've carried both the lcr and bodyguard. For me the revolver, though thicker, rides better in my front pants pocket than the more squared bodyguard. The revolvers more rounded, organic shape, doesn't print as badly for me as the pistol, its also more comfortable after a long day.

Outpost75
03-23-2014, 08:10 PM
I would not want the LCRx with hammer spur for pocket carry, but the original hammerless version is fine.

Essential with any pocket pistol or revolver is that you must also have a pocket holster, for both safety and reliability reasons.

Otherwise there is risk of pocket litter, lint, grit, etc. getting into the works where it can cause problems, as well as risk of the gun being mis-positioned in the pocket.

If the holster does not fit the pocket, then you must either make the pocket fit the gun and holster, or make needed arrangements for proper fit.

Back in the day uniform trouser pockets were reinforced and had a rivet-type suspender button on a sewn-in leather tab for attachment of the pocket holster, so that everything stayed put. El Paso Saddlery still has the patterns for those. My backup was a Colt Detective Special.

FergusonTO35
03-23-2014, 08:44 PM
My favorite is the little Kel-Tec P32 with my own 76 grain LFP/886 fps reloads. I have an S&W 642 that I'm currently working on loads for. Hiram, is concealed carry even an option where you live?

mrvmax
03-23-2014, 09:00 PM
Try the Kahr CW380, it is a really small handgun that has a great trigger and actually shoots well. I have had LCP's, LC9's, LCR's and shot the TCP and a few other small guns - the Kahr is my favorite.

freebullet
03-23-2014, 09:21 PM
While not on your list you should check out the Sig p238 or colt mustang. Both can be found used with excellent value. Most of the sigs come with night sights, are more controllable, & accurate than their plastic stocked brethren. With the newer style flat recoil spring and gen3 mags they are the best option imo for regular sized pockets.

Jupiter7
03-23-2014, 09:26 PM
The laser on the bodyguard would preclude it from my consideration. The regular LCR is nice. But the little 380's are much smaller and print much less. The Kahr cm9 I carry most the time is smaller than a J frame and holds 2 more rounds of more powerful ammo. I agree with statement about the kel tec p32, it is smaller and way lighter and very easy to shoot and stay on target for follow up shots, finding brass is a pain though.

KLR
03-23-2014, 09:37 PM
I vote no for the LCR. I have a KelTec 380 and a Smith 642. I'd like to carry the Smith more but it's just not as easy to conceal.

canyon-ghost
03-23-2014, 10:06 PM

For the man of substance, Sig Sauer has a new P938. Built on the same platform as the P238 (.380), it's smaller than the S&W Shield. It's 9mm in a 5.5"X4" package. Fits in the back pocket of your Levis or your sweatshirt. It's very easy to conceal. 100362

100363 This one only shows size. I love this mini.

silverpelican
03-23-2014, 10:16 PM
Gentlemen
Sorry in barge in, but for one who is large enough (as I am.....) a Ruger Red Hawk might work for CC. However after two S&W Md. 60's and one S&W 649 with big dot front, polished SS frame, and trigger and spring job...(foolishly traded).....Just as soon as I can replace that 649 just like that......Never again will the J frame and I part, until the end of days......silverpelican

azrednek
03-23-2014, 11:20 PM
The easiest way to solve your dilemma is get both, one for right and one for left. BS and leg pulling aside I'm in the revolver camp for pocket carry. Being a man of substance myself, apx 25 lbs over weight. I wear baggy or relaxed fit type trousers and shorts. My very light weight and now discontinued Taurus Titanium 38 doesn't print anymore than a set of car keys. I prefer wood or hard plastic grips for pocket carry. Soft rubber has a tendency to cling to cloth.

Pocket carry makes it necessary to give a handgun a daily rub down and an eye ball down the bore. Pocket lint seems to almost grow out of no where. The gun rags and TV shows insist a holster is an absolute for pocket carry but I disagree. I have no interest in selling holsters and depending on my pants and pocket's configuration. The chances of the holster coming out attached to the gun pretty well eliminates any advantage I'm aware of a pocket holster might offer.

The biggest concern I see for selection of a pistol for pocket carry is its finish's ability to withstand body sweat. A holster may offer some protection. My Titanium revolver doesn't have a problem. It is not bright and shiny as new but no problems with corrosion except two steel screws have rusted slightly. The case hardened hammer and blued steel trigger and cylinder release button are a bit dull but not corroded. About once a month or so I use Renaissance Wax on the blue steel and so far, so good.

After apx 15 years of daily carry. My 38 is in my pocket as long as I have pants on. Non-gun people call me paranoid but when I change pants. My 38 along with my wallet and pocket knife go in the pockets.

I took care of my elderly aunt for years. I used to take her to Sunday Mass and she was really surprised and believed it might be sinful that I carried into a church and took communion while packing.

EDIT: Nickel plated ammo is best for pocket carrying. The nickel stands up against corrosion much better than brass.

Bzcraig
03-24-2014, 01:28 AM
If I chose a 380 it would be either the Bodyguard or a Ruger LC380, which I like a lot because with the finger extension on the mag I can get 3 fingers around it. I will not carry a gun I only have two fingers around which brings me to the LCR. I shot factory 158's in a friends and hated it. With only two fingers on the grip and weighing 13oz, I had to re-grip after each shot to have any chance of getting a second shot on target with any accuracy. And as already mentioned, an auto is much slimmer for pocket carry and the bodyguard comes with a very slick pocket carry holster that can go in the pocket and look like a wallet.

hiram
03-24-2014, 02:54 AM
Ferg- I have relocated to Florida, east coast. Have to update my info.

Lloyd Smale
03-24-2014, 05:34 AM
ive got two lcps with crimsom trace lazers on them and love them.

FergusonTO35
03-24-2014, 12:31 PM
I spent some time with my little 642 yesterday. It carries nice in a Desantis Nemesis or a Bulldog brand size 3, depending on what pants I'm wearing. I just need to find a good load for it now.

Piedmont
03-24-2014, 02:30 PM
I've looked at the LCR and been tempted, but I think that rubber grip would work against you for a pocket gun. For the guy who wipes off his carry gun every day because it is necessary, I blow the dust off my 642 every 6-9 months and it still goes bang when you pull the trigger. Of course, it lives in a pocket holster.

rststeve
03-24-2014, 06:25 PM
I love my Karh P380 nice small package easy to shoot defiantly worth a look

tacklebury
03-24-2014, 07:40 PM
+1 on the Sig P238. I just picked one up a few months ago and I'm thrilled. Very accurate, sub 3" group at 25 yards right out of the box. Using DRT ammo and also loaded up some lead RN for plinking with Unique.

Bonz
03-24-2014, 07:48 PM
I carry my Ruger LCP (smallest .380) in my front pants pocket in a pocket holster or my Ruger 357 LCR in a vest/jacket concealed holster, too large for pants pocket (unless you don't care if it prints). I probably would have went with the S&W Bodyguard .380 for pocket pistol if I would have know that the Ruger LCP is in "pre-cocked" position when you chamber a round, the S&W Bodyguard .380 is not like that.

mrvmax
03-24-2014, 08:00 PM
I've looked at the LCR and been tempted, but I think that rubber grip would work against you for a pocket gun. For the guy who wipes off his carry gun every day because it is necessary, I blow the dust off my 642 every 6-9 months and it still goes bang when you pull the trigger. Of course, it lives in a pocket holster.
Yep, I carried mine in an ankle holster and the grip made it hard to draw fast.

hiram
03-25-2014, 12:24 PM
I have the opportunity to by a Colt pocket nine. Reasonably priced but very few parts are available. What parts can break beside the firing pin?

rintinglen
03-25-2014, 12:43 PM
I'd buy that simply as an investment. It's a Colt, it's rare, and in a desirable caliber. If it is reasonable, you can make money off it right away. Who would have thought the old WWII beater 1911"s would be going for the prices they get now? I saw a lot of them going for less than 100 bucks back in the 70's and now they cost double what a new one does.

crazy mark
03-25-2014, 01:09 PM
I us a keltec 32 ACP. It hides in my pocket just fine. I also use a Llama .380 that is a mini 1911a1. I have some small 32 H&R mags also.

kopperl
03-25-2014, 01:42 PM
Keltec 32. Much better round than the 380 .

John Allen
03-25-2014, 02:03 PM
I carried a Smith Md60 for years. Now a days I carry the Ruger LCP It fits flat in my pocket with a pocket holster.

mrvmax
03-25-2014, 02:42 PM

Explain your reasoning.

Outpost75
03-25-2014, 03:29 PM

What ammo do you carry in your. 32? Why do you prefer it over the. 380?

Not to be critical, for I own no 380s, but have a bucket full of .32s.I like their lighter recoil, better accuracy, one more round in the magazine and subscribe to the hot Euro hardball and deep penetration school. Never thought much of quick opening, shallow penetrating Jam-O-Matic stuff.

Just curious, really..... RWS 73-grain FMJ gets 968 fps from my 2.4" Beretta Tomcat.

Love Life
03-25-2014, 03:38 PM
I like the west pocket auto, but I usually have a charter arms snubbie. I never fell into all the jazz with the mini 380 pistols.

mrvmax
03-25-2014, 05:35 PM
I get 1400 FPS out of my Colt Govt 380 with Liberty Ammunition 50 grain SD ammo. They claim 1500 but I chronod it at 1400.
What ammo do you carry in your. 32? Why do you prefer it over the. 380?

Not to be critical, for I own no 380s, but have a bucket full of .32s.I like their lighter recoil, better accuracy, one more round in the magazine and subscribe to the hot Euro hardball and deep penetration school. Never thought much of quick opening, shallow penetrating Jam-O-Matic stuff.

Just curious, really..... RWS 73-grain FMJ gets 968 fps from my 2.4" Beretta Tomcat.

revwitha9
03-25-2014, 06:01 PM
I've always liked the looks of the Beretta Tomcat but was concerned whether the 32 acp provided the energy I wanted for self defense when I might need it. The 380 is the minimum I will consider when I have the option. No disrespect to you guys that carry 32s.

BruceB
03-25-2014, 08:06 PM
Just a couple hours ago, I "voted with my feet" and bought a Ruger LC9. It's not as small as many of the guns mentioned on this thread, but it seems ideal for my purposes.

At 17 ounces, it compares favorably with the 642 I used to carry, and has eight rounds aboard versus the five of the S&W. It also has a Crimson Trace laser sight which REALLY simplifies the aiming problem in poor light.

The gun is less than one inch thick and hides well in a jeans pocket, while a CCW vest simply swallows it without a sign.

The trigger is DAO with a pull that seems smooth enough for the intended uses of the pistol, meaning: NOT for small-game hunting or" target shooting". The white-dot sights appear adequate for times when the laser may not be available.

On short notice, without firing it so far, I like the little 'heater' a lot. We'll see how it performs in live fire, but as a hide-out pistol it should surpass anything I've owned in the past fifty years or so.

Incidentally, some time back I chronographed some Cor-Bon 115 JHP 9mmP loads from a 3.25" barrel. They CONSISTENTLY delivered 1270 fps. That is no creampuff load, and actually comes surprisingly close to the vaunted .357/125HP loads of the '80s and '90s, as fired from 4" revolvers.

Now, to find some of that ammo....!

If this gun functions the way all my other Rugers do, I expect great things from it.

Outpost75
03-25-2014, 08:38 PM
The .32 isn't my first choice, but for public and social occasions where I must be very discreet, or in the house and around the yard, a .32 in the pocket beats something bigger which is out of reach. Any gun beats no gun at all.

FergusonTO35
03-25-2014, 09:29 PM
I believe in a high velocity solid boolit for handguns. My Kel-Tec P32 is carried with a 76 grain lead flat point over 2.1 grains Hodgdon Titewad for a consistent 886 fps across the chrono. Very accurate and dirt cheap to shoot too.

GREENCOUNTYPETE
03-25-2014, 10:03 PM
I am a Ruger LC9 fan carry mine every day for over 2 years now , much more accurate than most people would ever figure a pocket gun to be

ghh3rd
03-25-2014, 10:11 PM
I know that a S&W J-Frame wasn't one of your choices, but I haven't been sorry that I bought my 642. I carry it about 3x more than my Glock 27, and forget it's in my pocket, and doesn't appear to be a gun in my pocket in it's DeSantis holster. I also carry a carry a Bianchi strip with extra rounds. Just saying...

Combat Diver
03-26-2014, 09:32 AM
Normally around the house I have a Smith 442 Pro in the pocket.

CD

Outpost75
03-26-2014, 11:03 AM
I get 1400 FPS out of my Colt Govt 380 with Liberty Ammunition 50 grain SD ammo. They claim 1500 but I chronod it at 1400.

Has anybody run penetration tests on that 50-grain stuff? I would think it may not do the job through a sternum, defensively positioned arm or a Soviet Army winter overcoat....

While .32 ACP hardball isn't fancy, it functions reliably.

Not all of the hollowpoints do.
"Rimlock" in particular is a problem when rounds are less than 0.955" cartridge OAL, because recoil can re-position cartridges in the magazine.

My experience has been that when .32 ACP hollowpoints DO expand reliably, penetration is then inadequate.
http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com/2012/07/new-corbon-32-auto-denim-and-gel.html
Some compromise is needed, if you are of the hollowpoint school, "some" expansion is better than none, and "a little" is better than "too much..." http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com/2012/12/clear-gel-testing-fiocchi-32-auto-60.html

When .32 JHPs don't expand from short barrels, their penetration is similar to hardball, but without the 180 degree flip which Euro hardball is prone to do. http://mousegunaddict.blogspot.com/2012/11/clear-gel-terminal-testing-sellier.html Adequate penetration of .32 ACP FMJ does not seem to be an issue based upon calibrated gelatin testing, even in the short-barrel guns.

But a .32 ACP is NOT ever your first choice for combat. It is only for deep-cover backup. Users prefer its lower recoil, enhanced control which permits rapidity and accurate, well-placed repetitive shots, aka "Burst on target!"

Remember that the role of a pocket handgun is only to create a window for escape, literally to "shoot and scoot."

"If you try to stand and fight....you'll never live to shoot'em all...."

(quoting a former career clandestine services officer who escaped capture and lived to die at home comfortably in his bed!)

http://shilohtv.com/?p=2720

mrvmax
03-26-2014, 07:38 PM
Normally around the house I have a Smith 442 Pro in the pocket.

CD
I should have stated that my 380 is a last resort since I have much better caliber to carry.

chadschroeder
03-26-2014, 07:50 PM
I have the Hammerless LCR in .357mag. Its a good gun and very dependable. Also Ruger warranties and service are amazing. That being said, I'm 5'6" and wear 34/30 pants. The LCR works great as a pocket revolver for me, but i carry my Kahr CM9 more. Its thinner, easier to shoot, More rounds, doesn't murder your hand after 5 rounds... I guess it depends on if you don't mind the bulge of the cylinder. If you do go with the LCR, i do recommend the boot grip. Its less to hold on too, but also less in your pocket. Like the guy above said, don't go with the LCRx go with the LCR. Props to DeSantis superfly, i have one for the CM9 and the LCR.

Ed in North Texas
04-06-2015, 03:40 PM
The laser on the bodyguard would preclude it from my consideration. The regular LCR is nice. But the little 380's are much smaller and print much less. The Kahr cm9 I carry most the time is smaller than a J frame and holds 2 more rounds of more powerful ammo. I agree with statement about the kel tec p32, it is smaller and way lighter and very easy to shoot and stay on target for follow up shots, finding brass is a pain though.

coming late to this party, I'd point out that the Smith BG is now available without the laser. I bought one and with a pocket holster even my wife doesn't know I have it with me.

ncmn
04-06-2015, 05:24 PM
Good luck with your choice, I have been wanting a different ccw myself and I am way over weight but thats a different problem. I have been somewhat pleased with a P3AT, P64 and a CZ82 but I am going back to the revolver myself. I am looking at 442, LCR38 and Charter Arms also. I enjoy reloading and casting and 38 specials are easier for me as I like to practice shooting a lot and that helps keeps my cost down.

fecmech
04-06-2015, 05:48 PM
I like the keltec P3AT load with the RD105 RF. I carry in my front pocket with my wallet in front of it to break up the outline and it's with me all the time. I don't even think about it, just normal everyday wear. The gun is light, flat and unobtrusive in a pair of jeans and doesn't weigh your pocket down . It's the only gun I've ever owned that is carried 100% of the time.

EMC45
04-06-2015, 06:53 PM
I carry a P3AT as well. 6+1 Remington FMJ in the mag and a spare mag in weak side pocket. It goes everywhere with me.

Petrol & Powder
04-06-2015, 07:00 PM
I know the OP asked about pocket pistols but I too will say that a snubnose revolver has a great deal of merit. Pocket pistols can be very slim and the polymer framed ones are very light but the snubnose revolver remains an excellent self defense tool.
I've pocket carried both pistols and revolvers [this is where the post predictably evolves into the, "Well What I carry :-o mode"] and many years ago I settled on the snubnose 38 Special revolver as the answer. I will say that a bobbed hammer or internal hammer is an absolute must for a pocket revolver.
Yes the cylinder on a small revolver is wider than a lot of pocket pistols and yes the capacity is 5 or sometimes 6 rounds but the revolver still wins in the real world. (at least for me [smilie=s:!)

buckwheatpaul
04-06-2015, 07:31 PM
Not sure what the LCRX is but I just floated the LC9s-Pro (very small 9mm) and question and eventually bought that weapon over the other suggestions.....I love the LC9s-Pro...I put it in a DeSantis Nemisis pocket holster and it hides in my jean front pocket quite well....

Mtnfolk75
04-06-2015, 07:51 PM
I agree completely with Petrol & Powder, I have been carrying a concealed handgun since 1978. I have gone from small autos to revolvers and back several times. I have even ankle carried back ups as large as a S&W 469 while in uniform. I've gone from 22LR up to 45acp in my search for the perfect hideout gun over the years. About 20 years ago the lightbulb finally came on and I have pocket carried a .38 Special revolver ever since.

Since April 2004 it has been a 1983 vintage Model 38 No-dash Airweight Bodyguard in a Mika pocket holster, carried in the right front pocket. Over the last 2 or 3 months I have been pocket carrying a 1964 vintage SB S&W Model 10-5 2" in an Uncle Mike's pocket holster, the gun also has Uncle Mike's Boot grips. It carries well and the weigh doesn't seem too bad sofar, but I do wear suspenders ..... [smilie=s:

Asfar as ammo goes, I've used all kinds of 38 Special over the years including the 110 Grain +P+ Treasury Load that the LAPD and CHP used in the 70's and early 80's before switching to the bottom feeders for duty. Now a days I carry Buffalo Bore Standard Pressure 150 grain WC's in the Airweight, except during the hunting seasons as lead-free is required here. The Airweight gets Corbon 110 Grain DPX +P during those months. The other 38's are carried with the old style Remington 158 Grain SWCHP +P, with the Corbon 110's during hunting season.

Petrol & Powder
04-06-2015, 08:12 PM
Regardless of the label you want to attach to the 158gr, Hollowpoint Lead SWC +P - 38 special, that's a proven load in a short barreled 38 Special.
5 of those rounds in a 2" (well 1 7/8" actually) DAO J-frame and 5 more in a speed strip and I'm a happy camper. Add a well worn leather pocket holster and go about your day.

CHeatermk3
04-06-2015, 08:39 PM
My Kel-tec 32 fits into the pocket of my T-shirt--I can carry it ALL the time even in summer.

Mtnfolk75
04-06-2015, 08:45 PM
Petrol & Powder, I concur with that. The Remington always seemed easiest to find, although I am down to my last box and I understand the New Improved version is a little bit slower. I wonder if they softened the alloy to match the velocity loss, inquiring minds wonder ...... :bigsmyl2:

smoked turkey
04-06-2015, 10:15 PM
I pocket carried a Ruger LCP (380) with no issues until one day I left in in the car of a church parking lot at a 50th anniv bash for a relative. That was the day my car was broken into and the LCP went bye bye. I replaced it with a BodyGuard 380 with built in laser. I find it a bit to big for comfortable pocket carry. However I clip it to my belt and with a tee shirt worn on the outside it goes with me lots of places. I like it and it is very accurate especially with the laser used as the aiming device. Defensive ammo has come along way in the last few years making the 380 of today as good as the 9mm of yesterday IMO. Ofcourse today's 9mm ammo is better than today's 380 ammo also IMO. I feel the 380 can "get-it-done" if the need arises.

clum553946
04-06-2015, 10:29 PM
I agree with outpost75 & have a Beretta Tomcat that I carry when it isn't prudent to carry something bigger. (Usually low risk situations like dress up out to dinner etc)

Petrol & Powder
04-07-2015, 04:26 AM
Petrol & Powder, I concur with that. The Remington always seemed easiest to find, although I am down to my last box and I understand the New Improved version is a little bit slower. I wonder if they softened the alloy to match the velocity loss, inquiring minds wonder ...... :bigsmyl2:

I have both the old R38S12 and the new RTP38S12 and have shot them side by side out of the same gun. I can't tell the difference but I no longer have access to a chronograph. I had the old Federal equivalent and that bullet was clearly made from a harder alloy. I always preferred the Remington version.

You just can't beat a good DAO snubnose 38 !

Ed in North Texas
04-07-2015, 08:31 AM
While I have a Model 65 3" RB with hammer bobbed, it is much too big for carry in my jeans pocket, the cylinder is significantly wider than the Bodyguard (no laser) plus pocket holster. If I lived in a part of the country where jackets could be worn fairly consistently for most of the year, I'd have a greater appreciation for the revolver for concealed carry.

plesant3
04-07-2015, 08:50 AM
+1 more for the SIG P938 - a 9mm not much larger than the pocket 32's or 380's, but substantially heavier and a bit wider. For REALLY compact, I like the Diamondback DB9 - which I'm surprised nobody mentioned... lightweight, slim, and much more firepower.

EMC45
04-07-2015, 09:15 AM
Don't get me wrong I don't discount the J Frame for concealed carry. I have a "few" of them and don't feel under gunned one bit. 1 or 2 Tuff Strips or Bianchi strips in the pocket and you're golden. I carry in an Uncle Mike's IWB neoprene flimsy rig, it does well though. It is the Model 36.

Rhou45
04-07-2015, 10:33 AM
+1 for the Ruger LCRX

I took my wife to the LGS a couple years ago to buy her another handgun. Had it been me, I would have bought the Ruger LCRX it fit my hands better, but she picked the S&W bodyguard since it fit her hands better. When I shoot the little S&W I never can get my preferred grip on it since it is so small in my hands.

Shuz
04-08-2015, 10:49 AM
I carry a Ruger LCP .380 everywhere I go, even to church. It feels real comfortable in a pocket holster in my front pocket, and it doesn't "print".

GREENCOUNTYPETE
04-08-2015, 01:48 PM
many pistols will work , but I found I much preferred the kydex pocket hostler http://www.alabamaholster.com/product/front-pocket-holster/ I got one of these back when they where 25 dollars hopefully with the increase in price he can make them faster because I waited 12 weeks for mine but it is the best pocket holster i tried the others were to thick they were padded one size fits most type

this is thin doesn't make you seat any more than your already going to ,and hides the shape nicely

I found the same as the writer of this article http://www.usacarry.com/quick-review-pocket-holsters/ but when I was searching a few years back Alabama was the only one making kydex pocket holsters for the LC9 that I could find , looks to be more options now

GCBurner
04-09-2015, 11:16 AM
I liked the Kel Tec P3-AT .380, too, and carried it regularly in a pocket holster in my front pocket. It's so flat and light it just disappears in a pocket, unless you're wearing really tight pants. I recently switched to a Glock 42 .380 to replace it for everyday pocket carry. The Glock is slightly larger, but has a better grip and trigger, and with the addition of a set of Truglo T/FO sights is much easier to shoot accurately, which makes it more useful at a range longer than the 10-20 feet the P3-AT was good for.