PDA

View Full Version : Experienced with Larue Tactical Orders?

PbHurler
03-23-2014, 10:10 AM
Not sure if this should go here or not but here it goes.

I placed an order for a Larue upper December 19, 2012. I do have an order / invoice number from them.
I checked the status online with Larue, the status shown was "in Gun Room 2"

I'm in no hurry about my order, considering the current gun climate, but what I'm curious about is:

For those of you who have ordered uppers, lowers etc. from Larue, is my order nearing completion?

Thanks

W.R.Buchanan
03-28-2014, 10:32 PM
If I was you I'd call them about once a week until I got my gun. They are well past the back ordered status. They were selling guns at the SHOT Show in January so I think your order probably got lost in the mess. A year and a half is ridiculous!

Every outfit that was back ordered last year has caught up. if La Rue hasn't, then I'd suggest finding another outfit to deal with.

There are other high end AR makers out there. Daniel Defense is one that immediately comes to mind as well as Noveski.

There is another way to go, and that is to go to your local gun store and buy a less expensive AR which will probably work as well or better than one of the $2500 ones.

With the money you saved you could go to a shooting school and really learn how to run and shoot the thing which would benefit you much more than spending a lot on a high end gun that you aren't going to get your money's worth out of.

Don't get me wrong these outfits make really nice guns, but the average non combat shooter (everyone outside the Military or Contractor world) or non competitive shooter, is not really going to benefit from that level of firearm. Especially when you consider that the AR platform only has so much utility built into it. With the proper training 99.9 % of that utility can be extracted from a $700-900 gun.

Also if you really do want to spend more then Sig 5.56's or Ruger 5.56's are really good guns priced in the mid to high Teen$. These guns are readily available from most any gun shop that is connected to a major distributor.

Just some thoughts, but I'll tell you that if they haven't gotten to your order because of a backlog, then I'd look elsewhere. A year and a half wait is ridiculous! If they said they were too busy filling Military contracts before they got to yours then I'd really tell them to GFYself.

Being in business for as long as I have,,, I have absolutely no tolerance for outfits that don't deliver. I won't hesitate to kick someone to the curb if I find out they have been sidestepping me. With AR's there is probably 50 different outfits you could go to.

You micht also have a look at Primary Weapons Systems http://primaryweapons.com They make really nice AR's and if I had a use for one this is the one I'd buy.

Randy

Love Life
03-30-2014, 01:08 PM
Call LaRue and tell them to give you your money back and a bottle of Dillo sauce. Then go buy a $600 Bushmaster and 4 cases of 5.56 ammo.

pretzelxx
03-30-2014, 02:07 PM
That's ridiculous. An upper is easy! I would have canceled about 6 months ago, the hype is dying down. Plenty of time for production to catch up to send out a backorder.