PDA

View Full Version : Packing for move to Wa next month

crazy mark
03-22-2014, 10:28 PM
Well I guess I could be called a hoarder. Found primers, 22 ammo, and brass I didn't even remember I had. Have 3+ big tubs of brass already separated and in different containers. I container of 22 ammo and one of primers. HP moulds filled a large 7.62 ammo can. Still have cast bullets to pack and loaded ammo. My wife was grumbling until I explained what the stuff was worth with only a 25% increase in price since I bought. Primers for $5.90 per K and bricks at $10.00 or less. I have enough stuff to keep me reloading for many years.

MT Gianni
03-22-2014, 11:28 PM
That should make for a great retirement.

fatelk
03-23-2014, 02:28 AM
If I was still in Springfield I'd come over and give you a hand. If you have a moving sale, let me know. :)

Actually, I sold a ton of stuff when I moved last year, some of which I wish I hadn't. I now realize it's better to just go ahead and hoard your supplies unless: (1) you don't want it, (2) you're sure you'll never use it, or (3) you really need the money.

Even after getting rid of a bunch of stuff, some of the guys who helped me move where in awe at the quantity of reloading supplies and ammo. I was a bit embarrassed by it; I didn't realize how much I had until it was all together in a big pile.

crazy mark
03-23-2014, 10:50 PM
No plan on selling any reloading items at this time. My son is helping me. May sell some household stuff or give it away. I look at it this way if I can't get reloading components I will still be good for at least 15 years with all I have.

beagle
03-24-2014, 12:41 PM
man, knowing what a packrat you are, that will be a task. Moved my stuff about 7 years ago. The lead was the worst. Fortunately, only a 46 mile trip but, Mark, I'm a big packrat like you are. Good luck and I hope you find it all on the other end. I'm still missing a 336 Marlin stock, a box of .450 Marlin cases and a box of .243 cases. Oh well, one of these days they will turn up./beagle

Shuz
03-28-2014, 09:59 AM
Mark--Are you sliding into retirement now and moving to PeEll?

crazy mark
03-28-2014, 10:51 AM
Mark--Are you sliding into retirement now and moving to PeEll?

Yep. Have 6 more work days. Have a 24' x 8' shipping container waiting to be filled. Will have a shop built after I get up there. Still have about 1/2 of my gun room to pack. Didn't know I had somany cast bullets in containers waiting to be sized and lubed.