PDA

View Full Version : NOE molds and Erik Ohlen

Victor N TN
03-22-2014, 07:01 PM
I ordered a NOE mold some time back. Evidently I caught them in the middle of a move. By some mistake on the computer it showed a 30 cal 5 cavity 210 grain to be in stock. But they couldn't find it. I got an email explaining everything and they offered to refund the money. I told him to keep the order and work it through when he could. THEY ARE FAST. I contacted Erik to make it a hollow point mold. He too said it may take a while. He is FAST also. (I had been sick almost all winter, and was so when I ordered it, and had no intentions of using that mold as soon as it came in.)

I want to say that BOTH these companies DO WHAT THEY SAY. If I were voting for either or both I would have to give them 10 for 10, or a positive vote. If I ever need their kinds of services again, I will NOT hesitate to call on these two companies again.

Mark me down as a satisfied customer for both.

Take care,
Victor

Ben
03-22-2014, 07:18 PM
Mark me down as VERY happy with both also !

Ben

plainsman456
03-22-2014, 08:58 PM
happy as well but i wished the 9mm mold from N.O.E. would get built.

I need to get some cast up.

tomme boy
03-22-2014, 11:05 PM
Eric opened up a mold for me. He sent a email and said he was sorry it was taking so long. He was doing my mold and didn't like how out of round it turned out. 0.4507" opened to 0.453" He said it was a little out of round. 0.4528" by 0.453" So he rebuilt his whole end mill and returned $20 of the bill I had sent. I told him don't worry about it as it was close enough. But he insisted. He has a customer for life with me!

JeffinNZ
03-23-2014, 03:06 AM
That combination will cost you as much as "marriage" and "divorce". Both are sooooo good you'll end with a lot of each. LOL.

Beagle333
03-23-2014, 01:05 PM
I'm a happy customer of both. :lovebooli

Cherokee
03-26-2014, 08:45 AM
Who is Erik Ohlen ? Maybe its my old age but I don't recall.

Gunslinger1911
03-26-2014, 09:13 AM
I'll chime in as positive about both also !!! GREAT people to do biz with !!

I'll surf around both sites just to see the wonderful toys !!

BTW "Eric" is hollowpointmold (dot) com

Ben
03-26-2014, 09:15 AM
Who is Erik Ohlen ? Maybe its my old age but I don't recall.

Go to his web site below , after 5 minutes on his web site, you'll see that he is a very talented fellow !

http://www.hollowpointmold.com/

oger
03-26-2014, 10:22 AM
I hope he doesn't have an actual retail store. I live at the other end of town and I am afraid I would be there everyday for something to be modified.

cbrick
03-27-2014, 09:48 AM
Sometimes it seems that perfection isn't quite good enough for Erik. He enlarged the driving bands on a mold for me and it turned out a few tenths over what I asked for. He returned the mold with an apology note AND my check. I tried to tell him it was perfect, a couple of tenths couldn't possibly make any difference and I was sending the check back to him, he wouldn't have any part of that. I have a 30-30 with a .310" groove diameter and the RCBS mold I sent him cast a tick over .309", I asked him to open the bands up to .3115" and it turned out just under .312". That seemed to have ruined Erik's day but the Winchester now loves that boolit and I couldn't be happier except feeling bad that he wouldn't take the check. But that's Erik, that's how he does business and though I have never met him in person I suspect that's also how he runs his life.

Rick

22 rifle
03-28-2014, 09:26 PM
couldn't agree with you more.talked to Erik several times to work out what to do on a hollow point conversion for the alloys and velocity i wanted to use.moulds came back looking like they were made that way at the factory(inset bar conversion).couldn't be happier with them.the bullets performed just like i had asked for.got one at his place now.looking forward to doing some spring 357 mag varmint hunting.

AbitNutz
03-29-2014, 11:15 AM
Erik (wish he would spell his name correctly) has done a few machine shop jobs for me and is about to do another as soon as he gets time to breath. While the jobs are relatively simple for a skilled machinist, Erik actually knows what you're talking about and comes up with even better ideas for accomplishing want you want to do.