PDA

View Full Version : Lighter stock for AK variant

Animal
03-22-2014, 09:50 AM
Hello folks,

I've got a wasr 10 with all the original wood furniture. I like the wood and I like the simplicity. It had a bit of weight to it when I got it but nothing that was bothersome. I mounted an optic with a quick detachable UTC side mount and now its a bit heavier (duhhh lol). It isn't a problem most of the time, but I do have a bit of tennis elbow in my right elbow and would like to decrease the weight a bit. Is there a butt stock option that is significantly lighter? I've looked at a few online but none of them seem to advertise a difference in weight. Thanks

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
03-22-2014, 12:25 PM
The plastic buttstocks are considerably lighter. But with the reduction in weight comes an increase in the recoil. For me personally, I've hated every single plastic stocked AK I've owned and either sold them off or replaced the plastic stock with wood, so my preference would be to remove the optic and practice a bunch with the iron sights. Ammo for AK's is reasonably inexpensive, so you can get in quite a bit of practice for not as much money.

Sadly, it's not like it was when I bought my first SKS (chinese, brand new) and walked out of the store with the SKS in box with all it's goodies and a tin of 550 rounds of chinese copper coated ammo on stripper clips for $150.00. Then, the commie ammo was basically a steal.

Hickok
03-22-2014, 07:24 PM
K-Var or Arsenal Inc have the synthetic stocks for the AK. Same "style" stocks used by Warsaw Pact.

Animal
03-22-2014, 08:10 PM
Thanks guys. I'll keep looking. A warsaw pact style is my preference, but not a requirement.