PDA

View Full Version : Obama administration changes ship counting rules

wch
03-21-2014, 12:13 PM
The Obama administration increased the number of US Navy warships by adding 2 hospital ships and 10 coastal patrol boats.
I don't think that hospital ships count as warships unless they mount weapons on them and if they do that then they lose their noncombatant status and they become large targets.
I believe that the coastal patrol vessels that they added are Coast Guard Cutter sized.
Do a Google search for the article on the Wall Street Journal.

crazy mark
03-21-2014, 01:30 PM
Surprise surprise. He cut the Coast Guard budget by 25%. Now he adds 10 more coastal patrol boats to the navy. I thought the CG was doing a good job. Maybe he took them from the CG.

montana_charlie
03-21-2014, 01:59 PM
Surprise surprise. He cut the Coast Guard budget by 25%. Now he adds 10 more coastal patrol boats to the navy. I thought the CG was doing a good job. Maybe he took them from the CG.
He didn't add any new boats.
He just started counting them as 'naval warships' to make the Navy look bigger.

Obama pads every number that makes him look better, and minimizes every number that detracts from his record.
That's why there are "5 Million" enrolled in Obamacare, and the Unemployment Rate is only 6.7.

CM

searcher4851
03-21-2014, 04:09 PM
You got that one right Charlie.

oldred
03-21-2014, 04:19 PM
That's why there are "5 Million" enrolled in Obamacare,

I have been laughing my you-know-what off at a bunch of Obama supporters here locally (a couple in particular) who have been crying loudly since finding out just how much that "free" insurance is going to cost them! It's amazing (appalling would be a better choice) the numbers of people who thought that the Obamacare mess was going to mean FREE health insurance for them!

wch
03-21-2014, 04:47 PM
I have been laughing my you-know-what off at a bunch of Obama supporters here locally (a couple in particular) who have been crying loudly since finding out just how much that "free" insurance is going to cost them! It's amazing (appalling would be a better choice) the numbers of people who thought that the Obamacare mess was going to mean FREE health insurance for them!

Let the dummies cry-maybe then they'll understand that "there's no such thing as a free lunch".

Catshooter
03-21-2014, 09:52 PM
Truth in advertising is easier to find than truth in government.

Cat

MaryB
03-21-2014, 11:19 PM
I don't trust ANY statistics published by our government. They are all lies. It really is time to clean house in DC.

smokeywolf
03-22-2014, 12:03 AM
Yep! All those people who's jobs have been exported to Mexico, Canada, China, Singapore and elsewhere, aren't really unemployed if they're not collecting unemployment. I'm sure that the number of those on UI can be at least doubled to come closer to the actual number of unemployed Americans.

As far as ZeroCare goes, it's done more to advance the Conservative point of view, than anything else the Dems have ever done.

Three44s
03-22-2014, 12:40 AM
My advice:

If you are a conservative ........... move away from big cities and coastal areas.

What ever is coming .......... ain't purdy!

Three 44s

Whiterabbit
03-22-2014, 01:10 AM
wasn't Romney ostracized for stating that he would fund the navy bigger? Was that before or after he was ostracized for saying Russia was the biggest threat to US sovereignty this decade?

MaryB
03-22-2014, 02:29 AM
www.shadowstats.com has the real statistics based on the 1980 formulas the government used.

jmort
03-22-2014, 02:32 AM
^ agree! John Williams is one person to listen to.

Boyscout
03-22-2014, 02:37 AM
Obama must have found out the Coast Guard was catching too many undocumented Democrats trying to sneak into the US by boat!

Blacksmith
03-22-2014, 03:03 AM

What part of the "AFFORDABLE Care Act" don't you understand? They told us it was affordable, and if we like our plan we can keep our plan, and if we like our doctor, and guns are bad, and there is global warming, and no voter ID is necessary, and unemployment is down, and there is no inflation, and....and....

William Yanda
03-22-2014, 10:15 AM
"As far as ZeroCare goes, it's done more to advance the Conservative point of view, than anything else the Dems have ever done." Smokeywolf

It's [B]THE AFFORDABLE CARE ACT"-[B]Nancy Pelosi said so!

Artful
03-22-2014, 07:17 PM
Most Anytime the .Gov names something it's just the opposite
"Affordable Care Act" = your going to pay more for less and what was free now won't be.
"Violent Crime Control and Law Enforcement Act of 1994" - Assault weapons ban and High Capacity Magazine Ban - made more law abiding people criminals.
I could go on but you get the idea...

montana_charlie
03-23-2014, 12:31 PM
Nobody knows why the Iranians are building this fake carrier.
http://www.stripes.com/news/iran-s-replica-of-a-us-aircraft-carrier-puzzles-navy-officials-1.273877

Maybe it's part of Obama's deal with the ayatollahs.
They build fake warships for us, and he counts them while decommissioning real ones.

Eventually, Iran can send a nuke-armed sub into New York harbor, and we will have only rowboats to take it out with.

WILCO
03-23-2014, 01:29 PM
Nobody knows why the Iranians are building this fake carrier.

The iranians know why.
The "Fake" is the picture on the right.

cbrick
03-23-2014, 02:37 PM
In 2008 during the campaign obummer made two statements, the only two things he didn't outright lie about, that should have made any thinking American cringe in fear.

We are 5 days away from fundamentally changing America.
By necessity your utility bills will have to sky rocket.

Since he made those two statements he has been elected twice.

Proves how many Americans can actually think and how many drink the Kool-Aid.

Rick

Catshooter
03-23-2014, 10:25 PM
I've said this before but it bears repeating.

A small minority can think.

A small minority think they think.

The majority would rather die than think.

Cat

Whiterabbit
03-23-2014, 11:36 PM
I've said this before but it bears repeating.

A small minority can think.

A small minority think they think.

The majority would rather watch TV than think.

Cat

I fixed that for you, good sir.