PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth it?????

JSH
12-27-2007, 06:29 PM
Tossed this around for some time. Maybe some of you can tall me why it was never done.
Thinking in the ways of auto type case in a lever action. I think a 45 win mag in a Marlin would be a dandy. along with a 38 Super, then the 40 and 9mm for hoots.
Just a thought, I figure extraction and headspace would be the worst issue, but you see them in the camp carbines. I think rimless cases would feed through them like goose, well ya know............
Jeff

S.R.Custom
12-27-2007, 08:41 PM
First off, it is done. Pretty much every cartridge offered in the BLR is a rimless cartridge. Most in the Savage 99 were too.

It's just that tolerance-wise, Winchesters and Marlins are a bit looser and variable in the action, and it's much easier to headspace on the rim.

Slowpoke
12-27-2007, 09:40 PM
http://www.castbulletassoc.org/forum/view_topic.php?id=535&forum_id=18

JSH
12-28-2007, 06:56 PM
Let me rephrase. A straight wall rimless pistol type cartridge. I myself always considerd both the BLR and the 99's as somthing before their time.
As to the rimless bottle neck stuff. You have two chances to make them go bang. One on the headspace of the shoulder and another on the grip of the extractor.
I will look at the link.
Jeff