PDA

View Full Version : what to do with 12 gauge poppers?

revwitha9
03-20-2014, 11:00 PM
I'm not a shotshell reloader but my brother who was gave me about 300 12 gauger "poppers." I am considering salvaging the powder but not certain what they're loaded with. Any suggestions other than begin training hunting dogs?

garandsrus
03-20-2014, 11:13 PM
Poppers are loud! I don't think you will be able to do anything with them other than sell them to a dog training organization. They are fairly expensive, generally more than normal field loads, so you would do well to sell them.

WRideout
03-23-2014, 09:43 AM
When I was in college, some time ago, I frequented a friendly LGS where the owner gave me a carton of empty 12 ga hulls, marked as blanks. They came from the sheriff's department from training exercizes. It is possible your local law enforcement office might be able to use them. I don't think I would try to reuse the powder, since it is likely to be very fast.

Wayne

revwitha9
03-24-2014, 09:30 PM
Garandsrus, you were not exaggerating when you said poppers are loud. I took a few to the range and tried them out. I may just keep them for personal celebrations like having a day off!!